[FrenchFilmNews] SFFF Day 10: Sunday, June 27: @ Noon PDT, Release of APPEARANCES, an elegant comedy of manners & Hitchcockian thriller + @ Noon Transatlantic Zoom Discussion with ALL HANDS ON DECK Star Salif Cissé + 2 other films still available to rent!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 10:59:35 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL
DAY 10 *•* SUNDAY, JUNE 27

[image: •appearances]
*APPEARANCES*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/> by
Marc Fitoussi

WHAT'S UP TODAY AT THE 20th SFFF?

• Let's meet @ Noon PDT for a Transatlantic Zoom Discussion of *ALL HANDS
ON DECK
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>*
with
actor Salif Cissé.
*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/89684441868
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89684441868>*
*Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

• At Noon PDT, you can start watching the long awaited *APPEARANCES*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/> by
Marc Fitoussi.
The last film to be released at the SFFF this year is an elegant comedy of
manners that turns into a poisonous Hitchcockian thriller. Set in the
bourgeois community of French expatriates in Vienna, it is a guilty
pleasure!
*APPEARANCES is available for rental: Sunday, June 27, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Wednesday, June 30 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH APPEARANCES HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>.*

• The captivating family drama from Tunisia* A SON
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/>* & the
endearing summer comedy -our our “Coup de Coeur” this year!- *ALL HANDS ON
DECK
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>* are
still available to rent & watch on our Streaming Platform.

NEW RELEASE TODAY
*•* ON OUR STREAMING PLATFORM *•*
Sunday June 27 @ Noon PDT

APPEARANCES
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>
Marc Fitoussi

[image: Les Apparences]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/?autoplay>

PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THIS FILM YOU WILL NEED TO ACTIVATE THE SUBTITLES BY
CLICKING ON "CC" ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN AND SELECTING "ENGLISH."

Ève (Karin Viard, *The Chef’s Wife* — SFFF 2015) and Henri (singer Benjamin
Biolay) are a couple living in privilege, part of the well-to-do French
community in Vienna. They are “la crème de la crème,” he a famous
conductor, she the head of the French Institute. They are handsome,
elegant, they organize the best parties, and live a seemingly flawless life
in their expatriate bubble.

But the perfect picture crumbles when Ève discovers that Henri is cheating
on her with their son’s young teacher (Laetitia Dosch). On an impulse, she
finds revenge with Jonas, a young man she meets in a bar. But when Jonas
turns out to be a stalker, the comedy of manners veers into a poisonous
thriller reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock and Claude Chabrol.

Karin Viard is impeccable as a scorned woman desperate not to lose face,
ready to do anything to keep her prestigious husband and maintain
appearances. Benjamin Biolay is ambiguous at will as the unfaithful and
aloof husband. A guilty pleasure!

*Appearances is available for rental: Sunday, June 27, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Wednesday, June 30 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH APPEARANCES HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>.*

*Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob on a Zoom Discussion of Appearances on
Transatlantic Zoom Discussion on Monday, June 28 @ 6:30pm PDT.*
*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ALSO AVAILABLE TO RENT TODAY
ON OUR STREAMING PLATFORM

[image: A son] [image: A l'abordage]
*Once you rent a film, you have 3 days to start watching it.*

• The captivating family drama from Tunisia* A SON*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> by Mehdi
Barsaoui is
available for rental: Friday, June 25, 2021 @ Noon PDT → *Monday, June 28 @
Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH A SON HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/>*.

• The endearing summer comedy *ALL HANDS ON DECK*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/> by
Guillaume Brac is available for rental: Saturday, June 26, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
* Tuesday, June 29 @ Noon PDTRENT & WATCH ALL HANDS ON DECK HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>.*

ZOOM DISCUSSION
Sunday, June 27 @ Noon PDT

[image: Salif Cisse]

*MEET THE STAR!We will host a Zoom Discussion of ALL HANDS ON DECK
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>with
actor Salif Cissé, today Sunday, June 27 @ Noon PDT.*

*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/89684441868
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89684441868>*
*Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

*• • • *COMING UP TOMORROW* •** • **•*
MONDAY, JUNE 28
CLOSING ZOOM DISCUSSION

[image: Les Apparences] [image: A son]

*Join our Closing Zoom Discussion with le Professeur Kevin Elstob on
Monday, June 28 @ 6:30pm.*
We will discuss *APPEARANCES* & *A SON*.
If you purchase the films or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitations. *Questions about the discussion? Email
kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

*2021 VIRTUAL STORE*

*VIRTUAL POP UP STORE
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> for
shirts, bags & hoodies!*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage Champs, a local
Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento French Film
Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year, hoodies,
designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the Sacramento French
Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

*POSTER STORE <https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>*

[image: poster]
Artwork by Jermaine Deandre Tilson / Design by Dane Henas Design

*VISIT OUR SQUARE STORE TO ORDER OUR 2021 POSTER!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS