[FrenchFilmNews] SFFF Day 8 - Friday, June 25: @ Noon PDT, Release of A SON, a captivating family drama from Tunisia + @ Noon Transatlantic Zoom Discussion with JOSEP Screenwriter Jean Louis Milesi + 2 other films still available to rent!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:25:29 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL
DAY 8 *•* FRIDAY, JUNE 25

[image: Un Fils]
*A SON* <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> by
Mehdi Barsaoui

*WHAT'S UP TODAY AT THE 20th SFFF?*

*•* At Noon PDT, you can start watching *A SON*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> by Mehdi
Barsaoui. A captivating family drama from Tunisia. With Sami Bouajila,
winner of the 2021 César for Best Actor.
*Available for rental: Friday, June 25, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Monday, June 28 @
Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH A SON HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/>*.

*• *
*MEET THE SCREENWRITER!*Let's meet @ Noon PDT for a Transatlantic Zoom
Discussion of Josep
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>
with Screenwriter Jean-Louis Milesi.
*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/82476248549
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/82476248549>*

*• *The gripping ecological thriller *RED SOIL*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> *(don't
miss our discussion with director Farid Bentoumi tomorrow!*), and the
animated fairytale, *THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*
are
still available to rent & watch on our Streaming Platform.

NEW RELEASE TODAY
Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT

[image: Un fils]
→ Watch Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/?autoplay>

*A SON* <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> by
Mehdi Barsaoui.
A couple’s world collapses when their son is injured in a terrorist ambush
and family secrets are revealed in this captivating drama from Tunisia
starring Sami Bouajila, winner of the 2021 César for Best Actor.

Tunisia, Summer 2011. Fares (Bouajila, also in Red Soil
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> still
available to rent this year at the SFFF), Meriem (Najla Ben Abdallah), and
their 10-year old son, Aziz, are on a road trip to Tataouine when their car
comes under fire during a terrorist ambush. Aziz is gravely injured.

Aziz needs a liver transplant, and blood tests are ordered to find out
which parent would be a better match. The results will reveal new
information that will change everything for the family.

*A Son* is a suspenseful and emotional drama that is also a portrait of
Tunisia after the 2011 revolution and Arab Spring: a country still rooted
in patriarchy, religious fundamentalism, and corruption, and unsettled by
the chaos in neighboring Libya. These conditions only complicate the
already difficult task of finding a suitable organ donor. Will it all be
too much for Fares and Meriem to overcome?

*Available for rental: Friday, June 25, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Monday, June 28 @
Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH A SON HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/>*.

*We will host a Zoom Discussion of A SON with le Professeur Kevin Elstob on
Monday, June 28 @ 6:30pm.*
If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive the
Zoom invitations. *Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ALSO AVAILABLE TO RENT TODAY
ON OUR STREAMING PLATFORM

[image: Les ours] [image: Rouge]
*Once you rent a film, you have 3 days to start watching it.*

*• *A fairytale full of adventures, *THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*
is
available for rental: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Saturday, June
26 @ Noon PDT
*RENT & WATCH
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>THE
BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>.*

• The gripping ecological thriller *RED SOIL*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> by Farid
Bentoumi is available for rental: Thursday, June 24, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Sunday, June 27 @ Noon PDT

*RENT & WATCH RED SOIL HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>**MEET THE
DIRECTOR: **We will host a Transtalantic Zoom Discussion with director
Farid Bentoumi, this Saturday, June 26 at Noon PDT!*

ZOOM DISCUSSION
Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT

[image: Jean-Louis Milesi]

*MEET THE SCREENWRITER!*We are hosting a Zoom Discussion of Josep
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>
with Screenwriter Jean-Louis Milesi
today, Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT.

*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/82476248549
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/82476248549>*

*• • • *COMING UP TOMORROW* •** • **•*
SATURDAY, JUNE 26

Tomorrow, Saturday, June 26, is a full day at the 20th Sacramento French
Film Festival with:
• A Transatlantic Zoom Discussion with the director of RED SOIL
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>
• The release of our penultimate film (the road trip adventure ALL HANDS ON
DECK
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>)
• Our third and final in-theatre screening at the Crest Theatre @ 3:00pm
with THEY WERE FIVE (LA BELLE EQUIPE)
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm> a
beloved 1936 classic with two endings, followed by an in-theatre discussion
with film historian Chuck Zigman and a glass of champagne!

ON ZOOM
Saturday, June 26 @ Noon PDT

[image: Bentoumi]

*MEET THE DIRECTOR!We will host a Transtalantic Zoom DiscussionFarid
Bentoumi, Director of RED SOIL
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>tomorrow,
Saturday, June 26 at Noon PDT!*

*Join Zoom Discussion:https://csus.zoom.us/j/89746997652
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89746997652>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/89746997652>

*Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ON OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM
Released Saturday, June 26 @ Noon PDT

[image: All Hands on Deck]
→ Watch Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/?autoplay>
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/?autoplay>

*ALL HANDS ON DECK*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/> by
Guillaume Brac.
An unlikely trio of twentysomething men bond during a foolhardy romantic
trip to the French countryside in Guillaume Brac's endearing summer comedy.
*Available for rental: Saturday, June 26, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Tuesday, June
29 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH ALL HANDS ON DECK HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>*.

AT THE CREST THEATRE
Saturday, June 26 @ 3:00PM

[image: La Belle Equipe]
→ Watch a clip
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm#trailer>

Tomorrow, Saturday, June 26, the SFFF will be at the CREST THEATRE for a
special presentation of one of France's most beloved classics, *THEY WERE
FIVE (LA BELLE EQUIPE)
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm>* (1936)
@ 3:00pm, followed by an in-person discussion with film historian Chuck
Zigman, and some surprises...
*→ Purchase Ticket here!* <https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>
Single tickets are $12.

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases-updated.pdf>
→ Download/Print the Suggested Feature /Short Pairing
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021Feature-shorts-suggested-pairing.pdf>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>*→
Download/Print
the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-complete-program_updated.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL STORE*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*VIRTUAL POP UP STORE
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> for
shirts, bags & hoodies!*As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage
Champs, a local Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento
French Film Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year,
hoodies, designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the
Sacramento French Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

[image: poster]
Artwork by Jermaine Deandre Tilson / Design by Dane Henas Design

*POSTER STORE <https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>*
We will be selling our fabulous 20th anniversary poster at the Crest
Theatre on Saturday, June 26.
If you can't join us in-person, *VISIT OUR SQUARE STORE TO ORDER A POSTER!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS