[FrenchFilmNews] SFFF Day 7 - Thursday, June 24: @ Noon PDT, Release of the gripping ecological thriller RED SOIL + @ 6:30pm Zoom Discussion with Le Prof Elstob + 3 other films still available to rent!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 11:26:56 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL
DAY 7 *•* THURSDAY, JUNE 24

[image: red soil]
Red Soil <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> by
Farid Bentoumi

*The weekend is coming, and we are offering aNEW VIRTUAL PASS
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/virtual-festival-pass-7-films/>for
you to enjoy the 7 remaining filmsavailable on our Streaming Platform*
*$70 / FIND OUT MORE & PURCHASE HERE!
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/virtual-festival-pass-7-films/>*

*WHAT'S UP TODAY AT THE 20th SFFF?*

*• *At Noon PDT today, you can start watching the gripping ecological
thriller *RED SOIL*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> by Farid
Bentoumi. In this Erin Brockovich-style thriller, a young nurse who
uncovers an environmental scandal must choose between her family and her
convictions.
*Available for rental: Thursday, June 24, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Sunday, June 27
@ Noon PDT*

*We are pleased to announced that we have confirmed our Transatlantic Zoom
Discussion with director Farid Bentoumi, this Saturday, June 26 at Noon
PDT!*

*• *The quirky anarchist comedy *DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>*,
and the two animated films *THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*
 & *JOSEP <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>* are
still available to rent & watch on our Streaming Platform.

*•* We will meet at 6:30pm tonight for a *Zoom Discussion* of DELETE
HISTORY & THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY with le Professeur Kevin
Elstob.
*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>

NEW RELEASE TODAY
Thursday, June 24 @ Noon PDT

[image: Red Soil]
→ Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/?autoplay>

*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>**•
RED
SOIL <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>* by
Farid Bentoumi. After losing her job as an emergency room nurse, Nour
Hamadi (the luminous Zita Henrot, *Fatima* - SFFF 2016, *The Hook-Up Plan* on
Netflix) returns to her small hometown and takes a position as a nurse at
the chemical plant where her father, Slimane (Sami Bouajila, also in *A Son*,
for which he won the César for Best Actor, available tomorrow, Friday, June
25, on our Streaming Platform), has worked for 30 years.

As she settles into her new job, Nour becomes aware of multiples
irregularities in the treatment of hazardous waste and the protection of
workers. While her father turns a blind eye in order to defend the factory
that provides him with employment and serves as the region’s economic
engine, Nour meets an investigative journalist (Céline Sallette) and finds
herself faced with an impossible choice: becoming a whistleblower and
risking alienating her entire family, or remaining silent and endangering
the workers she is meant to protect.

With his second feature, Algerian-French director Farid Bentoumi takes a
nuanced look at the conflict between idealism and pragmatism in a complex
political, economic, and environmental context. The story is based on true
events.

*Available for rental: Thursday, June 24, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Sunday, June 27
@ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH RED SOIL HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>*
Once you rent a film, you have 3 days to start watching it!

*MEET THE DIRECTOR!**We will host a Transtalantic Zoom Discussion with
director Farid Bentoumi, this Saturday, June 26 at Noon PDT!*

If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive the
Zoom invitations. *Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ALSO AVAILABLE TO RENT TODAY
ON OUR STREAMING PLATFORM

[image: Delete History] [image: Josep] [image: Les ours]
*Once you rent a film, you have 3 days to start watching it.*

*•* The quirky anarchist comedy *DELETE HISTORY*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> is
available for rental: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Friday, June 25 @
Noon PDT. *RENT & WATCH DELETE HISTORY HERE*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>*.*

*• *The stunning animated war drama *JOSEP
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>* is
available for rental: Wednesday, June 23 @ Noon PDT → Friday, June 25 @
Noon PDT
*RENT & WATCH JOSEP HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>*.

*• *A fairytale full of adventures, *THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*
is
available for rental: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Saturday, June
26 @ Noon PDT
*RENT & WATCH
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>THE
BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>.*

ZOOM DISCUSSION

[image: Delete History]
DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> by
Gustave Kervern & Benoît Delépine

→ Join our Zoom Discussion with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob, on Thursday,
June 24 @ 6:30pm PDT. We will discuss both Delete History
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> & The
.

*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>

*• • • *COMING UP TOMORROW* •** • **•*
FRIDAY, JUNE 25

[image: A Son]
→ Watch Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/?autoplay>

*A SON* <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> by
Mehdi Barsaoui.
A couple’s world collapses when their son is injured in a terrorist ambush
and family secrets are revealed in this captivating drama from Tunisia.
With Sami Bouajila, winner of the 2021 César for Best Actor.
*Available for rental: Friday, June 25, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Monday, June 28 @
Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH A SON HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/>*.

ZOOM DISCUSSION

[image: Jean-Louis Milesi]

*MEET THE SCREENWRITER!*We will host a Zoom Discussion of Josep
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>
with Screenwriter Jean-Louis Milesi
tomorrow, Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT.

*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/82476248549
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/82476248549>*

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases-updated.pdf>
→ Download/Print the Suggested Feature /Short Pairing
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021Feature-shorts-suggested-pairing.pdf>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>*→
Download/Print
the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-complete-program_updated.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL STORE*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*VIRTUAL POP UP STORE
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> for
shirts, bags & hoodies!*As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage
Champs, a local Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento
French Film Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year,
hoodies, designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the
Sacramento French Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

[image: poster]
Artwork by Jermaine Deandre Tilson / Design by Dane Henas Design

*POSTER STORE <https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>*
We will be selling our fabulous 20th anniversary poster at the Crest
Theatre on Saturday, June 26.
If you can't join us in-person, *VISIT OUR SQUARE STORE TO ORDER A POSTER!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS