[FrenchFilmNews] SFFF Day 6 - Wednesday, June 23: today is ANIMATION DAY with the release @ Noon PDT of 2 fantastic animated films: THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY (suitable for the whole family!) & JOSEP (Winner of the 2021 César for Best Animated Film)

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 11:58:29 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL
DAY 6 *•* WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23

[image: les ours]
*THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*,
by Lorenzo Mattotti

*We are offering a NEW VIRTUAL PASSto enjoy the 8 remaining films available
for rental on our Streaming Platform *(that includes the newly added film
JOSEP)
*$80 / FIND OUT MORE & PURCHASE HERE!
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/virtual-festival-pass-8-films/>*

*WHAT'S UP TODAY AT THE 20th SFFF?*

*This Wednesday is Animation Day* with the release of two fantastic
animated films, not to be missed:
*• THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*,
by Lorenzo Mattotti, a sumptuous and colorful animated film, full of magic
and mystery, ghosts and monsters, *suitable for the whole family*.
* <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>• JOSEP
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>*, by Aurel, a
stunning animated war drama, winner of the 2021 César for Best Animated
Feature.

The biopic *DE GAULLE*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> & the
quirky anarchist comedy *DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>* are
still available to rent & watch.

There is no discussion planned for today so you have more time to enjoy the
two releases of the day!

2 NEW RELEASES TODAY
Wednesday, June 23 @ Noon PDT

<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>THE BEARS'
FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
&
JOSEP <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/> by
Aurel

[image: Les ours] [image: Josep]

*• THE BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*,
by Lorenzo Mattotti. To find his lost son and food to survive the winter,
the great bear king leads his clan down from the mountains and into the
world of men.
Based on the classic children story,* La famosa invasione degli orsi in
Sicilia*, by celebrated Italian writer Dino Buzzati in 1945, the film is a
fairytale but also a cautionary tale about war and dictatorship.
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/?autoplay>*The
film is suitable for the whole family!* →Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/?autoplay>
*Available for rental: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Saturday, June
26 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>THE
BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>.*

*→ *We will host a Zoom Discussion of The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>with
Le Professeur Kevin Elstob, on Thursday, June 24 @ 6:30pm PDT.

*• A NEW ADDITION TO OUR VIRTUAL PROGRAM, JOSEP
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>*, by Aurel,
follows anti-fascist Catalan artist Josep Bartolí, who, among 500,000 other
Spanish Republicans, crossed the Pyrenees hoping to find refuge in France
after the fall of Barcelona to General Franco’s troops in 1939, only to be
confined in concentration camps by the French government.
A truly unforgettable poetic experience. →Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/?autoplay>
*Available for rental for 2 days: Wednesday, June 23 @ Noon PDT → Friday,
June 25 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH JOSEP HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>*.

*MEET THE SCREENWRITER!*→ We will host a Zoom Discussion of Josep
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/> with
Screenwriter Jean-Louis Milesi on Friday, June 25 @ Noon.

If you purchase the films or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitations. *Questions about the discussion? Email
kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

STILL AVAILABLE TO RENT ON OUR
STREAMING PLATFORM

[image: de Gaulle] [image: Delete History]
*Once you rent a film, you have 3 days to start watching it.*

• The biopic *DE GAULLE*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> is
available for rental → Thursday, June 24 @ Noon PDT. *RENT & WATCH DE
GAULLE HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/>*.
*Please note that for de Gaulle, you need to activate the subtitles by
clicking on “CC” ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN AND SELECTING
“ENGLISH”.*

*•* The quirky anarchist comedy *DELETE HISTORY*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> is
available for rental: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Friday, June 25 @
Noon PDT. *RENT & WATCH DELETE HISTORY HERE*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>*.*

*THERE IS NO ZOOM DISCUSSIONPLANNED FOR TODAY!*

*• • • *COMING UP TOMORROW* •** • **•*
THURSDAY, JUNE 24

[image: Red Soil]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/?autoplay>

*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>**•
RED
SOIL <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>* by
Farid Bentoumi. In this Erin Brockovich-style thriller, a young nurse who
uncovers an environmental scandal must choose between her family and her
convictions.
*Available for rental: Thursday, June 24, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Sunday, June 27
@ Noon PDT*

MEET THE DIRECTOR* •* *To be Confirmed*
→ We will host a Zoom Discussion of *Red Soil
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>* with
Director Farid Bentoumi on Saturday, June 26 @ Noon.

If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive the
Zoom invitations. *Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ZOOM DISCUSSION

[image: Delete History]
DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> by
Gustave Kervern & Benoît Delépine

→ *Join our Zoom Discussion with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob, on Thursday,
June 24 @ 6:30pm PDT. We will discuss both Delete History
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> & The
Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>.*

If you purchase the fim or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive the
Zoom invitation. *Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases-updated.pdf>
→ Download/Print the Suggested Feature /Short Pairing
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021Feature-shorts-suggested-pairing.pdf>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>*→
Download/Print
the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-complete-program_updated.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL STORES*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*Our VIRTUAL POP UP STORE
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> for
shirts, bags & hoodies is now open!*

As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage Champs, a local
Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento French Film
Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year, hoodies,
designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the Sacramento French
Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

[image: poster]
Artwork by Jermaine Deandre Tilson / Design by Dane Henas Design

*POSTERS*
We will be selling our fabulous 20th anniversary poster at the Crest
Theatre on Saturday, June 26. If you can't join us in-person, you can *visit
our Square Store to order a poster!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO