[FrenchFilmNews] SFFF Day 5 - Tuesday, June 22: New Virtual Release: quirky anarchist comedy DELETE HISTORY, available at Noon PDT + Zoom Discussion of DE GAULLE with Le Prof Elstob @ 6:30pm

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 10:24:04 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL
DAY 5 *•* TUESDAY, JUNE 22

[image: Delete History]
DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> by
Gustave Kervern & Benoît Delépine

*We are offering a NEW VIRTUAL PASSto enjoy the 8 remaining films available
for rental on our Streaming Platform *(that includes the newly added film
JOSEP)
*$80 / FIND OUT MORE & PURCHASE HERE!
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/virtual-festival-pass-8-films/>*

*WHAT'S UP TODAY AT THE 20th SFFF?*

After two historical war drama, we are going back to contemporary times
with the release at Noon of *DELETE HISTORY*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>, a
quirky comedy directed by our favorite anarchist Belgian duo, Gustave
Kervern & Benoît Delépine. Following three friends consumed by new
technology who decide to reclaim their lives, *Delete History** received
the Silver Bear at the 2020 Berlin Film Festival.*

*De Gaulle
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/>* is
still available to rent & watch, and we are hosting a Zoom Discussion of
the film with le Professeur Elstob tonight at 6:30pm!
*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>

RELEASE OF TODAY
Tuesday, June 22 @ Noon PDT

DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>
by Gustave Kervern & Benoît Delépin*e*

*[image: delete history]*→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/?autoplay>

*RENT & WATCH DELETE HISTORY HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>.*

In a small provincial town, three neighbors – who met during the 2019
Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vest) protests – have become lost in new
technologies, consumerism, the gig economy, and social media.

There’s Marie (stand-up comedian Blanche Gardin, known in real life for
dating Louis C.K.), who is afraid of losing her son’s respect because of a
sex tape posted online by a one-night stand she can’t even remember (a
hilarious cameo by Vincent Lacoste, far from his serious turn in *Faithfu*l,
streaming this year at the SFFF). There's Bertrand (Denis Podalydès, *The
Sweet Escape* – SFFF 2016), who tries to make personal connections with
telemarketers and wants to save his daughter from online bullying. And,
there's Christine (the great Corinne Masiero, *Invisibles* – SFFF 2019),
who can’t understand why her Uber driver ratings remain so low when she
goes out of her way to provide her passengers with a unique experience.

With the help of a genuine hacker who lives in a windmill and calls himself
God (Bouli Lanners), they resolve to reclaim their lives back from
technology and endeavor to go fight the Big Tech companies on their own
territory: the warehouses that store all digital data. All they want is to
delete their online history and start afresh. Maybe their battle is futile
from the beginning – but you never know…

Anarchist directors Benoît Delépine and Gustave Kervern (*Le Grand Soir*, –
SFFF 2013) are back with a hilarious tongue-in-cheek comedy that points to
the inhuman absurdity of our times. *Delete History* is full of quirky
observations about how smartphones, social media, and other innovations
supposedly intended to simplify our lives can complicate everything
instead. Many of us will relate, and it feels good to laugh about it!

*DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> is
available for rental: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Frday, June 25 @
Noon PDT*.
Once you rent the film, you have 3 days to start watching it.
*RENT & WATCH DELETE HISTORY HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>.*

[image: Delete History]

*ZOOM DISCUSSION OF TODAYTuesday, June 22 @ 6:30pm PDT*

[image: de gaulle]
De Gaulle by Gabriel Le Bomin

*→ Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob on a Zoom Discussion of De Gaulle
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> **(still
available to rent & watch on our Streaming Platform)** on Tuesday, June 22
@ 6:30pm PDT*

*Join Zoom Discussion: https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794>

*Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

STILL AVAILABLE TO RENT ON OUR
STREAMING PLATFORM

[image: de Gaulle]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/?autoplay>

*De Gaulle
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> is
available for rental → Thursday, June 24 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH DE GAULLE HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>.*
Once you rent the film, you have 3 days to start watching it.

*• • • *COMING UP TOMORROW* •** • **•*
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23

2 NEW RELEASES

[image: Josep] [image: les ours]

This Wednesday is *Animation Day* with the release of two fantastic
animated films, not to be missed!

*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>**•
THE
BEARS' FAMOUS INVASIONS OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>*,
by Lorenzo Mattotti, is sumptuous and colorful animated film, full of magic
and mystery, ghosts and monsters, *suitable for the whole family!* Based on
the classic children story,* La famosa invasione degli orsi in Sicilia*, by
celebrated Italian writer Dino Buzzati in 1945, it is also a cautionary
tale about war and dictatorship. →Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/?autoplay>
*Available for rental: Wednesday, June 23, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Saturday, June
26 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>THE
BEARS' FAMOUS INVASIONS OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>
HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>.*

*→ We will host a Zoom Discussion of The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>with
Le Professeur Kevin Elstob, on Thursday, June 24 @ 6:30pm PDT.*

*• A NEW ADDITION TO OUR VIRTUAL PROGRAM, JOSEP
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>*, by Aurel,
is a stunning animated war drama, winner of the 2021 César for Best
Animated Feature. Josep is a magnificent and harrowing animated film, made
by an artist, cartoonist Aurel, about another artist, Josep Bartoli, who
kept drawing, no matter the hardship he faced throughout his life. A truly
unforgettable poetic experience. →Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/?autoplay>
*Available for rental for 2 days: Wednesday, June 23 @ Noon PDT → Friday,
June 25 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH JOSEP HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/>*.

*ATTENTION: For those who bought passes that do not include Josep, you will
receive a Discount Code to rent the film. Check your email!*

*MEET THE SCREENWRITER!→ We will host a Zoom Discussion of Josep
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/josep/> with
Screenwriter Jean-Louis Milesi on Friday, June 25 @ Noon.*

*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitations.Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

NO ZOOM DISCUSSION PLANNED FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases-updated.pdf>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>*→
Download/Print
the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-complete-program_updated.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL POP UP STORE*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*Our Virtual Pop Up Store
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> is
now open!*

As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage Champs, a local
Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento French Film
Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year, hoodies,
designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the Sacramento French
Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

*POSTERS*
We will be selling our fabulous 20th anniversary poster at the Crest
Theatre on Saturday, June 26. If you can't join us in-person, you can *visit
our Square Store to order a poster!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO