[FrenchFilmNews] SFFF Day 4 - Monday, June 21: Please read important UPDATES on our Program! + New Virtual Release: WWII biopic DE GAULLE, available at Noon PDT + Zoom Discussion of BYE BYE MORONS with Le Prof Elstob @ 6:30pm

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:41:23 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL
DAY 4 *•* MONDAY, JUNE 21

[image: de gaulle]
De Gaulle by Gabriel Le Bomin

*HAPPY MONDAY!*
What a weekend! It sure tested our motto: *Always with English Subtitles!* We
apologize to all who came to the IMAX Theatre to watch the animated feature
JOSEP only to find out the film was not subtitled in English!

*GOOD NEWS ON JOSEP**:* *We will have an encore presentation on our
Streaming Platform!*
It will be released along with the other animated film in our program, THE
BEARS' FAMOUS INVASION OF SICILY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>,
on Wednesday, June 23 and will remain available to rent for 2 days (instead
of 3 for regular films) till Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT. The link to JOSEP
coming up soon!
*We will host a Transatlantic Zoom Discussion with Screenwriter Jean-Louis
Milesi on Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT.*

*UPDATE ON APPEARANCES**:* *We have fixed the issue and will re-release the
film on Sunday, June 27, 2021*. The film will be available to rent for 3
days, till Wednesday, June 30 @ Noon PDT. You can now rent the film again.
The film is now back online with its updated release dates.

Now, back to what is happening on Day 4 of the Sacramento French Film
Festival.

RELEASE OF TODAY
Monday, June 21 @ Noon PDT

DE GAULLE <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/>
Gabriel Le Bomin

[image: de Gaulle]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/?autoplay>

PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THIS FILM YOU WILL NEED TO ACTIVATE THE SUBTITLES BY
CLICKING ON "CC" ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN AND SELECTING "ENGLISH".

This WWII drama follows General de Gaulle (Lambert Wilson) and his family,
in the weeks that preceded his decisive “Appel du 18 juin,” which paved the
way for a free France.

*De Gaulle *is far from a formatted biopic. It mixes the portrait of an
outstanding public man who changed the course of World War II and French
history, with that of a private man, loving husband, and father. We
discover an extraordinary couple who, by facing private and public
hardships, found the strength and will to stand up.

*De Gaulle
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> is
available for rental: Monday, June 21, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Thursday, June 24
@ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH DE GAULLE HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>.*

*We will host a Zoom Discussion of de Gaulle with Le Professeur Kevin
Elstob, on Tuesday, June 22 @ 6:30pm PDT.*
*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

[image: de gaulle]
De Gaulle by Gabriel Le Bomin

*ZOOM DISCUSSION OF TODAYMonday, June 21 @ 6:30pm PDT*

*→ Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob on a Zoom Discussion of Bye Bye Morons
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_adieu-les-cons.htm> on
Monday, June 21 @ 6:30pm PDT*

Join Zoom Meeting: https://csus.zoom.us/j/84986323794

*Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

STILL AVAILABLE TO RENT ON OUR
STREAMING PLATFORM

[image: Faithful]

*• FAITHFUL
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/> *by
Helier Cisterne :* Available for rental till tomorrow, Tuesday, June 22 @
Noon PDT.*

*• • • *COMING UP TOMORROW* •** • **•*
TUESDAY, JUNE 22

RELEASE OF THE DAY

DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>
by Gustave Kervern & Benoît Delépin
*e*

*[image: delete History]→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/?autoplay>*

A quirky comedy about three friends consumed by new technology who decide
to reclaim their lives, from our favorite anarchist Belgian duo, Gustave
Kervern & Benoît Delépine.

*DELETE HISTORY
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> is
available for rental: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Frday, June 25 @
Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH DELETE HISTORY HERE

Elstob, on Thursday, June 24 @ 6:30pm PDT.*
*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ZOOM DISCUSSION / TUESDAY, JUNE 22

*Join our Zoom Discussion of de Gaulle with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob, on
Tuesday, June 22 @ 6:30pm PDT.*
*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases-updated.pdf>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>*→
Download/Print
the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-complete-program_updated.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the UPDATED 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL POP UP STORE*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*Our Virtual Pop Up Store
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> is
now open!*

As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage Champs, a local
Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento French Film
Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year, hoodies,
designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the Sacramento French
Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

*POSTERS*
We will be selling our fabulous 20th anniversary poster at the Esquire IMAX
& Crest Theatres, if you can't join us in-persom, you can *visit our Square
Store to order a poster!* <https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS