[FrenchFilmNews] 20th SFFF: Day 2, Saturday, June 19 • @10:00am PDT, Zoom Discussion with director Emmanuel Mouret + New Virtual Release: war drama & love story FAITHFUL, available at Noon PDT

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 04:59:23 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL

DAY 2 *•* SATURDAY, JUNE 19

[image: Faithful]
Faithful by Hélier Cisterne

Overview of the day

*• At 10:00 am PDT*, meet our first guest, prominent director *EMMANUEL
MOURET*, on a transatlantic discussion of his enchanting and intricated *Love
Affair(s).*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>
*Invitation Link to join: https://csus.zoom.us/j/83738591029
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/83738591029>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/83738591029>

*• At Noon PDT*, you can start watching the emotional war drama & love
story *FAITHFUL*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>, starring
Vincent Lacoste & Vicky Krieps. Director Hélier Cisterne will join us on a
Zoom Discussion tomorrow, Sunday, June 20, at Noon PDT (*more details below*
).

*• Available for rental till Monday, June 21 @ Noon PDT: LOVE AFFAIR(S)
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>*
Emmanuel
Mouret's latest intricated, quintessentially French romance.

RELEASE OF THE DAY
Saturday, June 19 @ Noon PDT

FAITHFUL <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>
Hélier Cisterne

[image: Faithful]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/?autoplay>

Based on a true story, *Faithful* is an engaging and emotional exploration
of the Algerian independence movement through the life of ordinary people.
It is a story of love and political commitment shattered by conflicts of
state. It is one of the most important French films about the war in
Algeria (1954-1962) since *The Battle of Algiers* (SFFF 2004).

The film stars one of our favorite actors, Vincent Lacoste, whom we
discovered as a teenager in *French Kissers* (SFFF 2010). Lacoste also has
a hilarious cameo in *Delete History
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>*
(streaming
this year at the SFFF). He is amazing in one of his first dramatic roles.
International star, Vicky Krieps, (from P.T. Anderson’s *Phantom Thread* and
the upcoming M. Night Shyamalan film *Old*) also stars.

*Faithful is available for rental: Saturday, June 19, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Tuesday, June 22 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH FAITHFUL HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>.*

*Director Helier Cisterne will join us on a Transatlantic Zoom Discussion
on Sunday, June 20 @ Noon PDT.*

*ZOOM DISCUSSION OF THE DAYSaturday, June 19 @ 10:00am PDT*

[image: Emmanuel Mouret]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>
Emmanuel Mouret, LOVE AFFAIR(S)

*→ SATURDAY, JUNE 19 – 10:00AM PDT: MEET THE DIRECTOR - Attention, NEW
TIME!*
Our first guest, acclaimed director *EMMANUEL MOURET*, will join us on a
transatlantic discussion of his magnificent *Love Affair(s)*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>.
We've been hoping to share his magnificent film (available to rent till
Monday, June 21 @ Noon PDT) with you since we saw it last fall. We are so
happy you'll get a chance not only to enjoy it, but also to discuss it with
the filmmaker himself.

Invitation Link to join: https://csus.zoom.us/j/83738591029

*Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu <kelstob at csus.edu>.*

STILL AVAILABLE

[image: love affairs]
→Rent & Watch
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>

*• *COMING UP TOMORROW* •*
SUNDAY, JUNE 20

NEW RELEASE ON OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM

APPEARANCES
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>
Marc Fitoussi

[image: apperances]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/?autoplay>

The third film to be released on our platform, *Appearances*, is an elegant
comedy of manners that turns into poisonous thriller, set into the
bourgeois community of French expatriates in Vienna. A guilty pleasure!

*Appearances is available for rental: Sunday, June 20, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Wednesday, June 23 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH APPEARANCES HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>.*

*Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob on a Zoom Discussion of Apperances on
Transatlantic Zoom Discussion on Tuesday, June 22 @ 6:30pm PDT.*
*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

ZOOM DISCUSSION

[image: cisterne]
Hélier Cisterne

*→ SUNDAY, JUNE 20 @ NOON PDT: MEET THE DIRECTOR*Our second guest, Hélier
Cisterne, Director of *Faithful* (available Saturday, June 19 @ Noon
PDT *→* Tuesday,
June 22 @ Noon PDT) will join us on a Zoom Discussion tomorrow, Sunday,
June 20, at Noon PDT.

*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>*

2 FILMS IN-THEATRE

[image: Josep] [image: adieu]

*On Sunday, June 20*, the SFFF invites you to a 2021 César (French Oscars)
Celebration with two of this year’s top César winners presented on the
giant screen of the Esquire IMAX Theatre.

*3:00pm: JOSEP
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm>* by Aurel,
the stunning winner for Best Animated Feature. (→ Purchase here!
<https://www.tickmarq.com/sites/esquireimax/films/ST00000602>*)*
*Join our Transatlantic Discussion of Josep with Screenwriter Jean-Louis
Milesi on Friday, June 25 @ Noon PDT*

*5:00pm: BYE BYE MORONS
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_adieu-les-cons.htm> (ADIEU
LES CONS)* by Albert Dupontel, the fantastic dark comedy that won Best Film
and Best Director in its US PREMIERE! (→ Purchase here!
<https://www.tickmarq.com/sites/esquireimax/films/ST00000604>*)*
*Join le Discussion Le Professeur Kevin Elstob on a Zoom Discussion of Bye
Bye Morons on Monday, June 21 @ 6:30pm PDT*

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions.pdf>*
→ Download/Print the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021complete-program.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL POP UP STORE*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*Our Virtual Pop Up Store
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> is
now open!*

As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage Champs, a local
Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento French Film
Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year, hoodies,
designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the Sacramento French
Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO