[FrenchFilmNews] IT'S OPENING DAY @ THE 20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL: Watch Love Affair(s) & Join the SFFF Team on a Virtual Opening Ceremony!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:17:06 PDT 2021

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

LE JOURNAL DU
20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL

OPENING DAY *•* FRIDAY, JUNE 18

[image: Love Affair(s)]
Love Affair(s) by Emmanuel Mouret

*WELCOME TO OUR 20th OPENING DAY*

The big day is here!

*• At Noon PDT*, you can start watching the enchanting,
quintessentially French romance *LOVE AFFAIR(S)*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>,
nominated for 14 César Awards & starring Camélia Jordana (whom you may have
enjoyed last month in *The ABCs of Love*). Acclaimed director Emmanuel
Mouret will join us on a Zoom Discussion tomorrow, Saturday, June 19, at
10am (*more details below*).

*• At 6:30pm*, we invite you to our 2021 Virtual Opening Ceremony to
celebrate our 20 years in Sacramento.
*Join here: https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797>*

*•* RELEASE OF THE DA*Y •*

LOVE AFFAIR(S)
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>
Emmanuel Mouret

[image: love affairs]
→Watch the Trailer
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/?autoplay>

Vacationing in the French countryside, Daphné (Camélia Jordana) finds
herself alone to welcome Maxime, her boyfriend’s broken-hearted cousin. For
four days, while they await the boyfriend's return, Daphné and Maxime get
to know each other, passing the time sharing intimate stories about their
present and past love affairs, and get dangerously close in the process.

Told mostly in flashback, Emmanuel Mouret’s beautiful film is structured as
a series of stories within stories. We follow a collection of nine
idealistic characters whose actions often contradict the way they see and
talk about themselves (the French title translates to *The Things We Say,
The Things We Do*) and who find it hard to live up to their own moral
standards. Love is messy, *Love Affair(s)* is magnificent!

*Love Affair(s) is available for rental: Friday, June 18, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Monday, June 21 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH LOVE AFFAIR(S) HERE!
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>*

*• ZOOM OF THE DAY •*

*→ FRIDAY, JUNE 18 – 6:30 PDT: ZOOM OPENING CEREMONY*

Grab a glass of Champagne, or your favorite drink, and join the SFFF Team
to toast the 20th year of the Sacramento French Film Festival with us!
Revel in the memories. Share your best souvenir. And learn about what to
expect during our 20th edition.

*Join Zoom Meeting https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797>
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797>Sacramento French Film Festival Opening
NightTime: Jun 18, 2021 06:30 PM Pacific Time.*

*• SHORT FILMS **•*

All the short films presented on our Virtual Streaming Platform are
available to watch at your convenience, for the duration of the
Festival: *Friday,
June 18, 2021 @ Noon PDT → Monday, June 28, 2021 @ Noon PDT.*
*RENT & WATCH THE SHORT FILMS HERE!
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/20th-sfff-short-film-program/>*

COMING UP TOMORROW *•* SATURDAY, JUNE 19

*ZOOM DISCUSSIONSaturday, June 19 @ 10:00am PDT*

[image: Emmanuel Mouret]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>
Emmanuel Mouret, LOVE AFFAIR(S)

*→ SATURDAY, JUNE 19 – 10:00AM PDT: MEET THE DIRECTOR - Attention, NEW
TIME!*
Our first guest, acclaimed director *EMMANUEL MOURET*, will join us on a
transatlantic discussion of his magnificent *Love Affair(s)*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>.
We've been hoping to share his magnificent film with you since we saw it
last fall. We are so happy you'll get a chance not only to enjoy it, but
also to discuss it with the filmmaker himself.

*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

NEW RELEASE
Saturday, June 19 @ Noon PDT

FAITHFUL <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>
Hélier Cisterne

[image: Faithful]

Based on a true story, *Faithful* is an engaging and emotional exploration
of the Algerian independence movement through the life of ordinary people.
It is a story of love and political commitment shattered by conflicts of
state. It is one of the most important French films about the war in
Algeria (1954-1962) since *The Battle of Algiers* (SFFF 2004).

The film stars one of our favorite actors, Vincent Lacoste, whom we
discovered as a teenager in *French Kissers* (SFFF 2010). Lacoste also has
a hilarious cameo in *Delete History
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/>*
(streaming
this year at the SFFF). He is amazing in one of his first dramatic roles.
International star, Vicky Krieps, (from P.T. Anderson’s *Phantom Thread* and
the upcoming M. Night Shyamalan film *Old*) also stars.

*Director Helier Cisterne will join us on a Transatlantic Zoom Discussion
on Sunday, June 20 @ Noon PDT.*
*If you purchase the film or the Virtual Festival Pass, you will receive
the Zoom invitation. Questions about the discussion? Email kelstob at csus.edu
<kelstob at csus.edu>.*

*Faithful is available for rental: Saturday, June 19, 2021 @ Noon PDT →
Tuesday, June 22 @ Noon PDT*
*RENT & WATCH FAITHFUL HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>.*

USEFUL LINKS TO HELP YOU PLAN YOUR FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE!

*•* *ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>→ Download/Print the
2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

*• ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions.pdf>*
→ Download/Print the 2021 In-Theatre Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021-in-theatre-program.pdf>

*•* Download/Print the 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions_UPDATED.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the 2021 Complete Film Program
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021complete-program.pdf>

*2021 VIRTUAL POP UP STORE*

[image: hoodies] [image: women] [image: men][image: bags]

*Our Virtual Pop Up Store
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival> is
now open!*

As we did last year, we have partnered with Garage Champs, a local
Sacramento printing company to provide the 20th Sacramento French Film
Festival collector t-shirts, tote bags, and NEW this year, hoodies,
designed by Dane Henas Design. Your purchase supports the Sacramento French
Film Festival.

Our Web Store will remain open until Wednesday, July 07 at 11:59pm PDT.
Orders are produced at the end of the three-week sales period and shipped
out the following week directly to you. As always thank you for your love
and support. *Visit the Store!
<https://garagechamps.printavo.com/merch/20thSacramentoFrenchFilmFestival>*

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO