[FrenchFilmNews] ZOOM DISCUSSION UPDATE/CHANGE OF TIME: Our first guest, Emmanuel Mouret (Love Affairs) will join us on Zoom on SATURDAY, JUNE 19 @ 10am!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:41:11 PDT 2021

*IMPORTANT UPDATE: *Please note that the discussion with EMMANUEL MOURET,
director of our Opening Film Love Affair(s), has been RESCHEDULED:
Same day (*Saturday, June 19*). Different time: *10:00am PDT* (instead of
Noon)!

In Love, There are the things we say, and the things we do...
The enchanting, quintessentially French romance *LOVE AFFAIR(S)*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>,
nominated for 14 César Awards & starring Camélia Jordana (whom you may have
enjoyed last month in *The ABCs of Love*), is being released tomorrow,
Friday, June 18 @ Noon PDT. Don't miss it!

[image: SFFF 20]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

*2021 CALENDAR OF ZOOM DISCUSSIONSDOWNLOAD/PRINT IT HERE!
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions.pdf>*

MEET OUR 2021 GUESTS

[image: Emmanuel Mouret]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/> [image:
Helier Cisterne]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>
Emmanuel Mouret, LOVE AFFAIR(S) *• *Hélier Cisterne, FAITHFUL

[image: Milesi]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm> [image:
Helier Cisterne]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>
Jean-Louis Milesi, JOSEP *•* Salif Cissé, ALL HANDS ON DECK

[image: Bentoumi]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>
*Farid Bentoumi, RED SOIL (To Be Confirmed)*

OVERVIEW

Things seem to happen last minute in this virtual world of ours: we
confirmed most of our Transatlantic Zoom Discussions today!

Without further ado, we are happy to announce that we have confirmed four
guests (and are waiting for the possible confirmation of a fifth). We will
also host conversations with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob, as well as an
Opening Ceremony (we've improved from last year) and a Closing Discussion.

*REMEMBER!*
*• *Discussions with our French guests are held at Noon PDT (9:00pm in
France).
*• *Discussions with le Professeur Elstob are held at 6:30pm
*•* If you purchase single tickets to a film or the Virtual Festival Pass,
you will receive the Zoom invitations, except for Opening Night that is
open to all (*invitation link is below*).
*•* Questions about the discussions? Email Kevin at: kelstob at csus.edu
*•* Films are released at Noon PDT. If you want to attend a Zoom
Discussion, we encourage you to plan accordingly.

*•* Download/Print the 2021 Complete Film Program Here
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021complete-program.pdf>
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the 2021 Calendar of Virtual Releases Here
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases.pdf>
*•* Download/Print the 2021 Calendar of Zoom Discussions Here
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions.pdf>

*ZOOM DISCUSSIONS*
*Save the Dates!*

*→*
*FRIDAY, JUNE 18 – 6:30PM PDT: ZOOM OPENING CEREMONY,CELEBRATING 20 YEARS
IN SACRAMENTO*
Grab a glass of Champage, or your favorite drink, and join us to toast the
20th year of the Sacramento French Film Festival!
Revel in the memories. Share your best souvenir. And learn about what to
expect during our 20th edition. With Special Musical Guest!

Here is the invitation to join us on Friday!

*Sacramento French Film Festival Opening NightTime: Jun 18, 2021 06:30 PM
Pacific Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom
Meeting https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797
<https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797>* <https://csus.zoom.us/j/89510024797>

*→ SATURDAY, JUNE 19 – NOON PDT: MEET THE DIRECTOR!*
Our first guest, acclaimed director *EMMANUEL MOURET*, will join us on a
transatlantic discussion of his magnificent *Love Affair(s)*
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/>.
We've been hoping to share his sublime film with you since we saw it last
fall. We are so happy you'll get a chance not only to enjoy it, but also to
discuss it with the filmmaker himself.

*→ SUNDAY, JUNE 20 – NOON PDT: MEET THE DIRECTOR!*
Our second guest will be *HELIER CISTERNE*, director of the beautiful
*Faithful* <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>,
a story of commitment to love and to one's cause. French films about the
war for independence in Algeria are scarce. We'll talk about why it felt
right to make this film now.

*→ MONDAY, JUNE 21 – 6:30PM PDT*
Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob for a discussion of *Bye Bye Morons* (*shown
in-theater*).

*→ TUESDAY, JUNE 22 – 6:30PM PDT*
Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob for a discussion of *Appearances* and *de
Gaulle*

*→ WEDNESDAY, JUNE 23: NO DISCUSSION*

*→ THURSDAY, JUNE 24 – 6:30PM PDT*
Join Le Professeur Kevin Elstob for a discussion of *Delete History* and *The
Bears’ Famous Invasion of Sicily.*

*→ FRIDAY, JUNE 25 – NOON PDT: MEET THE SCREENWRITER!*
Our third guest, *JEAN-LOUIS MILESI* is a familiar face at the SFFF. We've
presented several films he wrote and directed and we are particularly happy
to present the stunning animation *Josep*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm> (*shown in
theatre*), his first film since he moved back to France. *Josep won the
2021 César for Best Animated Film.*

*→ SATURDAY, JUNE 26 – NOON PDT: MEET THE DIRECTOR!*
*FARID BENTOUMI, director of Red Soil
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/>, may join
us for a transatlantic discussion. *Whether he can join us or not, don't
miss his Erin Brokovich style environmental thriller.

*→ SUNDAY, JUNE 27 – NOON PDT: MEET THE STAR!*
Last but ot least, the fabulous *SALIF CISSE* star of *All Hands on Deck
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>*,
will talk with us about his first acting experience in a feature film, and
being a student of the Conservatoire National Supérieur d’Art Dramatique
(the Higher National Conservatoire for Dramatic Art).

*→ SUNDAY, JUNE 27 – 6:30PM: ZOOM CLOSING*
Join the Le Professeur Kevin Elstob for a discussion of A Son, and to
conclude the Festival!

*ACCESS OUR VIRTUAL PLATFORM HERE
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>*

*ACCESS OUR IN-THEATER PROGRAM HERE
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-zoom-discussions.pdf>*

*SUPPORT US !*[image: faire un don !]

DONATE HERE & NOW:
*• PayPal <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm> *(click
on the yellow DONATE button)
*• Square <https://squareup.com/market/sac-french-film-festival/donation>*(direct
link)

*YOUR SUPPORT IS ESSENTIAL IN MAINTAINING THE QUALITYAND AFFORDABILITY OF
OUR PROGRAMS.*

Since our first year in 2002, our sponsors have been instrumental in
keeping us alive and maintaining the quality, diversity, affordability, and
success of our programs. And of course, in these unprecedented times, we
need your support more than ever!

Find out more about our sponsoring opportunities *HERE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm#INDIVIDUAL>.

*We want to extend a huge thanks to those of you who have already donated
this year, your loyalty means a lot.*
Your support makes the Festival happen, merci!

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS

--
Cécile Mouette Downs,
Chevalier de l'ordre des Arts et Lettres