[FrenchFilmNews] Only 1 week till Opening Day of the 20th Sacramento French Film Festival (June 18-27, 2021): here is all you need to know to make the most of it + Introducing the 2021 SFFF Spotify List!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 19:15:21 PDT 2021

[image: 20th SFFF]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

*20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVALJUNE 18-27, 2021VIRTUAL & IN THEATERS*

*Get Ready, the 2021 edition of the Sacramento French Film Festival opens
in a week, on Friday, June 18! Here is all you need to know about the 20th
SFFF to make the most of it.*..

*Put yourself in a perfect French mood to await Opening Day with the 2021
SFFF Spotify List
<https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1CKJ4PDODNWJFDNSlPdOFg?si=SC5GEwntSMyo2L5hkR5O2Q&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1&fbclid=IwAR0yFTBtjzvND0rkTKoGdmaqLKAA3Ct5Z5BSe37yyueWNYpHsQisrF4lApk&nd=1>.
Compiled
by DJ Roger, it will be updated frequently!*

*VIRTUAL PROGRAM: JUNE 18-27*
The 20th SFFF will be mostly virtual, with 9 brand-new features presented
on our Streaming Platform accessible from all over the U.S.
*Click on this link: virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/> or scroll down to find
more about the films playing virtually and to purchase tickets & passes.*

*IN-THEATER PROGRAM: SUNDAY, JUNE 20 & SATURDAY, JUNE 26*
This summer also marks our return to theaters with 3 films presented
in-person: 2 new films at the Esquire IMAX on Sunday June 20 & 1classic at
the Crest Theatres on Saturday, June 26.
*These three films will be shown one time only and will not be available to
view online.**Click on this
link: sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>or
scroll down to find more about the films playing in-theater and to purchase
tickets.*

*FILMS OVERVIEW*
The Sacramento French Film Festival is proud to present an assorted
collection of wonderful new films that will take you on a cinematic journey
to Algeria, Austria, Sicily, Tunisia, and various regions of France.
Comedy, romance, mystery, suspense, history, animation, award-winning
films... There is something for every taste.

Theaters have just reopened in France and you will be enjoying our
films simultaneously
with, or even before, their French release! It’s almost like being there…

*SHORT FILMS* will also be on the program, with a Short Film Program
available to rent June 18-27, 2021 on our Streaming Platform & 2 shorts
playing in theaters.

*ZOOM DISCUSSIONS*
We are still finalizing the program of our popular* Zoom Discussions*. We
will have Q&As with le Professeur Elstob, as well as transatlantic talks
with special guests*.* We will welcome you on Zoom on Friday, June 18 for a
virtual Opening Ceremony.
*Stay tuned for more details!*

*The calendar of Zoom Discussions & the Short Film Selec**tion will be
announced next week.*

*FILM PRESENTED ON OURVIRTUAL STREAMING PLATFORM
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>*

*Click on the posters to find out more about each filmand to purchase
single tickets.*

[image: Love affair(s)]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/> [image:
Faithful] <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>
[image:
les apparences]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>

[image: de gaulle]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> [image:
Delete History]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> [image:
Les ours en sicile]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>

[image: Rouge]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> [image:
Un fils] <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> [image:
A l'Abordage]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>

A new film will become available for rental every day starting Friday, June
18, up till Saturday, June 26. *Click here to access & print the Calendar
of Releases.*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases.pdf>

*VIRTUAL TICKET & RENTAL INFO*

   - Single Film Rental: $12
   - Festival Pass/9 films: $90 (*→ Purchase here now!*
   <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/virtual-festival-pass/>
   )
   - Films are available for rental for 3 days (72 hours).*
   <https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases.pdf>*
   - Once you’ve rented a film, you will have 72 hours to start watching it.
   - Once you start playing a film, you have 48 hours to finish it.
   - Click HERE <https://2020.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/page/help/> for
   more details on rental conditions, system requirements, and how to connect
   your computer to your TV set.

*Visit our Virtual Streaming Platform
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/> for more about the
films,Ticket Information & Advance Purchase.*

*FILMS PRESENTED IN THEATERS
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm>*
Sunday, June 20 & Saturday, June 26

*Click on the posters to find out more about each film.*

[image: Josep]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm> [image:
Adieu les cons]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_adieu-les-cons.htm> [image:
La Belle Equipe]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm>

*These three films are shown one time only, andare not available to view
online.*

•* On Sunday, June 20*, the SFFF invites you to a 2021 César (French
Oscars) Celebration with two of this year’s top César winners presented on
the giant screen of the Esquire IMAX Theatre:
*3:00pm: JOSEP
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm>* by Aurel,
the stunning winner for Best Animated Feature. (→ *Purchase here!*
<https://www.tickmarq.com/sites/esquireimax/films/ST00000602>*)*
*5:00pm: BYE BYE MORONS
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_adieu-les-cons.htm> (ADIEU
LES CONS)* by Albert Dupontel, the fantastic dark comedy that won Best Film
and Best Director in its US PREMIERE!
(→ *Purchase here!*
<https://www.tickmarq.com/sites/esquireimax/films/ST00000604>*)*
Single tickets for 1 film are $15.

• *On Saturday, June 26*, The Festival is at the Crest Theatre for the
screening of one of France's most beloved classic, followed by a Q&A with
film historian Chuck Zigman and some surprises...
3:00pm: *THEY WERE FIVE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm>* (LA
BELLE EQUIPE)* by Julien Duvivier, 1936. (→ *Purchase here!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>*)*
Single Tickets are $12.

*PLEASE NOTE: Your health, the health of our volunteers and theaters' staff
remains our priority as we are getting ready to welcome you back in
theaters. In collaboration with the Esquire IMAX & Crest theatres, we will
follow all appropriate health protocols and will keep you updated on the
latest rules regarding public movie screenings.*

*Visit our Website
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm> for
more about the films presented in-person,ticket information & advance
purchase.*

*VIRTUAL CINEMA*

*While you await opening night,please enjoy our Virtual Cinema offerings.*
*Your rental supports the Sacramento French Film Festival*.

*FIND OUR COMPLETE VIRTUAL CINEMA OFFERINGS HERE!*
<https://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_cinema.htm>

*SUPPORT US !*[image: faire un don !]

DONATE HERE & NOW:
*• PayPal <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm> *(click
on the yellow DONATE button)
*• Square <https://squareup.com/market/sac-french-film-festival/donation>*(direct
link)

*YOUR SUPPORT IS ESSENTIAL IN MAINTAINING THE QUALITYAND AFFORDABILITY OF
OUR PROGRAMS.*

Since our first year in 2002, our sponsors have been instrumental in
keeping us alive and maintaining the quality, diversity, affordability, and
success of our programs. And of course, in these unprecedented times, we
need your support more than ever!

Find out more about our sponsoring opportunities *HERE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm#INDIVIDUAL>.

*We want to extend a huge thanks to those of you who have already donated
this year, your loyalty means a lot.*
Your support makes the Festival happen, merci!

[image: Lego team] <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS