[FrenchFilmNews] Discover the Official Film Selection of the 20th Sacramento French Film Festival • Virtual & In-Theaters • June 18-27, 2021

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 10:25:15 PDT 2021

[image: 20th SFFF]

Virtual.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/>

*20th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVALJUNE 18-27, 2021VIRTUAL & IN THEATERS*

*THE OFFICIAL FILM SELECTION IS HERE!*

The 2021 edition of the SFFF will be mostly virtual, with 9 brand-new
features presented on our Streaming Platform accessible from all over the
U.S. This summer also marks our return to theaters with three films
presented in-person at the Esquire IMAX & the Crest Theatres. *These three
films will be shown one time only and will not be available to view online.*

The Sacramento French Film Festival is proud to present an assorted
collection of wonderful new films that will take you on a cinematic journey
to Algeria, Austria, Sicily, Tunisia, and various regions of France.
Comedy, romance, mystery, suspense, history, animation, award-winning
films... There is something for every taste.

Theaters have just reopened in France and you will be enjoying our
films simultaneously
with, or even before, their French release! It’s almost like being there…

We are still finalizing the program of our popular* Zoom Discussions*. We
will have Q&As with le Professeur Elstob, as well as transatlantic talks
with special guests*.* We will welcome you on Zoom on Friday, June 18 for a
virtual Opening Ceremony. *Stay tuned for more details!*

The short film selection will be announced later next week.

*And now, here are the feature films...*

*FILM PRESENTED ON OURVIRTUAL STREAMING PLATFORM*

*Click on the posters to find out more about each filmand to purchase
single tickets.*

[image: Love affair(s)]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/love-affair-s/> [image:
Faithful] <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/faithful/>
[image:
les apparences]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/appearances/>

[image: de gaulle]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/de-gaulle/> [image:
Delete History]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/delete-history/> [image:
Les ours en sicile]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/the-bears-famous-invasion-of-sicily/>

[image: Rouge]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/red-soil/> [image:
Un fils] <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/a-son/> [image:
A l'Abordage]
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/film/all-hands-on-deck/>

A new film will become available for rental every day starting Friday, June
18, up till Saturday, June 26. *Click here to access & print the Calendar
of Releases.*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases.pdf>

*VIRTUAL TICKET & RENTAL INFO*

   - Single Film Rental: $12
   - Festival Pass/9 films: $90 (*→ Purchase here now!*
   <https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/bundle/virtual-festival-pass/>
   )
   - Films are available for rental for 3 days (72 hours).*
   <https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2021calendar-of-virtual-releases.pdf>*
   - Once you’ve rented a film, you will have 72 hours to start watching it.
   - Once you start playing a film, you have 48 hours to finish it.
   - Click HERE <https://2020.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/page/help/> for
   more details on rental conditions, system requirements, and how to connect
   your computer to your TV set.

*Visit our Virtual Streaming Platform
<https://virtual.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/> for more about the
films, Ticket Information & Advance Purchase!*

*FILMS PRESENTED IN THEATERS*

*Click on the posters to find out more about each film.*

[image: Josep]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm> [image:
Adieu les cons]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_adieu-les-cons.htm> [image:
La Belle Equipe]
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm>

•* On Sunday, June 20*, The Festival is at the ESQUIRE IMAX THEATRE for the
screenings of two 2021 César Winners - Best Animated Film & Best Film:

*3:00pm: JOSEP
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_Josep.htm>5:00pm: BYE
BYE MORONS
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_adieu-les-cons.htm> (ADIEU
LES CONS)* - US PREMIERE!
Single tickets for 1 film are $15. (*→ Tickets will go on sale next week!*)

• *On Saturday, June 26*, The Festival is at the Crest Theatre for the
screening of one of France's most beloved classic, followed by a Q&A with
film historian Chuck Zigman
3:00pm: *THEY WERE FIVE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2021_belle-equipe.htm>* (LA
BELLE EQUIPE)*
Single Tickets are $12. (→ *Purchase here now!*
<https://sac-french-film-festival.square.site/>*)*

*Visit our Website
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program2021_in-theater.htm> for
more about the films presented in-person,ticket information & advance
purchase.*

*VIRTUAL CINEMA*

*While you await opening night,please enjoy our Virtual Cinema offerings
<https://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_cinema.htm>.*
*Your rental supports the Sacramento French Film Festival*.

[image: Spring Blossom]
*LATEST RELEASE: SPRING BLOSSOM
<https://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_cinema.htm>*

In *Spring Blossom* (*Seize Printemps*), a 16-year-old girl (played by
director Suzanne Lindon) who is bored with her peers becomes involved with
an older man. *Spring Blossom* is a rare drama about teenage life that was
written by an actual teenager. Lindon - who is the daughter of famous
French actors Vincent Lindon and Sandrine Kiberlain, frequently featured at
the Sacramento French Film Festival - wrote the screenplay when she was 15
and directed the film when she was 20.
*→ WATCH TRAILER HERE*. <https://youtu.be/vOIccMRc8L8>

*FIND OUR COMPLETE VIRTUAL CINEMA OFFERINGS HERE!*
<https://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_cinema.htm>
*Your rental supports the Sacramento French Film Festival*.

*SUPPORT US !*[image: faire un don !]

DONATE HERE & NOW:
*• PayPal <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm> *(click
on the yellow DONATE button)
*• Square <https://squareup.com/market/sac-french-film-festival/donation>*(direct
link)

*YOUR SUPPORT IS ESSENTIAL IN MAINTAINING THE QUALITYAND AFFORDABILITY OF
OUR PROGRAMS.*

Since our first year in 2002, our sponsors have been instrumental in
keeping us alive and maintaining the quality, diversity, affordability, and
success of our programs. And of course, in these unprecedented times, we
need your support more than ever!

Find out more about our sponsoring opportunities *HERE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm#INDIVIDUAL>.

*We want to extend a huge thanks to those of you who have already donated
this year, your loyalty means a lot.*
Your support makes the Festival happen, merci!

[image: Lego team] <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

FOLLOW US  <https://youtu.be/ZpiZALzffow>

20th SACRAMENTO
VIRTUALLY & IN THEATERS