[FrenchFilmNews] VIRTUAL CINEMA with the SFFF: SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE continues + RSVP for the Zoom Q&A (Friday @6:30pm) • BAND OF OUTSIDERS starts!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:54:10 PDT 2020

[image: MY LIFE IS A FRENCH MOVIE]

*[image: French Film News]*

*Bonjour to all!*

The Sacramento French Film Festival is now offering Virtual Cinema on
demand and virtual Q&As to stay connected!

*The cost to stream each film is $10.  *The SFFF gets 50% of the net
revenue, so watching a film is a great way to support the Festival while
getting to escape to France for a few hours! *Find our current program here
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_cinema.htm> and
below.*

*SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE Cédric Klapisch (2019)*

[image: deux Moi]

*Remember to join our virtual Someone, Somewhere Q&A Aperitif this Friday,
May 1st @ 6:30pm!*
RSVPs are required to receive the Zoom invitation.
*RSVP via email to littlececile at gmail.com <littlececile at gmail.com>.*

We hope that many of you have already had a chance to enjoy our inaugural
offering, *Someone, Somewhere*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/Virtualmovie2020_deux-moi.htm>* the
delightful Parisian romance by one of our favorite French filmmakers,
Cédric Klapisch*, so you can attend the Zoom Q&A this Friday!

If not, *it is available until Sunday, May 10, *so you can watch it at your
convenience.
*CLICK HERE TO WATCH SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE!*
<https://distribfilmsusvirtual.vhx.tv/products/someone-somewhere-sacramento-french-film-fest>

*OPENING MAY 1st: BAND OF OUTSIDERSJean-Luc Godard (1964)*

[image: bande a part]

*We are pleased to announce that in addition to Someone, Somewhere, we will
start offering BAND OF OUTSIDERS (Bande à part)
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_bande-a-part.htm>,
one of Jean-Luc Godard's most iconic and beloved classics, this Friday, May
1st! *FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE FILM *HERE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2020_virtual_bande-a-part.htm>

*You can watch Band of Outsiders HERE
<https://www.filmmovementplus.com/products/sacramento-french-film-festival-band-of-outsiders>
starting this Friday!*

We will host a *Band of Outsiders Zoom Q&A Aperitif* with Film Historian J.
Greenberg. DATE & TIME TBA. Stay tuned!

[image: Bande a part]

*OPENING SOON on VIRTUAL CINEMA with the SFFF*

*PAPICHA*
<http://www.distribfilmsus.com/our-movies/papicha-available-spring-2020/>
by Mounia Meddour (End of May).
Winner of the 2020 César for BEST FIRST FILM & MOST PROMISING ACTRESS (Lyna
Khoudri).

[image: papicha]

*WHAT IS VIRTUAL CINEMA? *

Virtual Cinema is a platform put together by independent U.S. distributors,
in partnerships with independent movie theaters & film festivals, to offer
the latest independent and foreign films while theaters remain closed.

*HOW TO WATCH A FILM?*

   -

   Click on the specific link for the film.
   -

   Follow the instructions provided on that webpage (Click on RENT or
   VIRTUAL SCREENING).
   -

   Enter/Create your account & enter your payment information.
   -

   Pay the $10 rental fee (the SFFF will get 50% of the net revenue).
   -

   You will be able to watch the film for 3 days (72 hours) from the time
   of rental on any computer, laptop, iPad, Chromebook or other mobile devices.
   IMPORTANT! The only way to watch the film on a television set is to
   mirror or cast from one of the above devices to your television.

*BON SPECTACLE !*

[image: deux Moi]

Stay safe!
* Cécile & the SFFF Team*

*FOLLOW US
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076?ref=hl>[image:
facebook]
<https://www.instagram.com/sacramentofrenchfilmfestival/?hl=en>*

*SPREAD THE WORD!*

*19th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL*
June 19-28, 2020 - CREST THEATRE
*(TO BE CONFIRMED)*

*7th MINIFEST *Sunday, October 25 2020 - ESQUIRE IMAX THEATRE

*[image: logo]*

*www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org

  `