[FrenchFilmNews] The SFFF is coming to you: Parisian romance SOMEONE SOMEWHERE starts tomorrow, Friday, April 24 on Virtual Cinema + Q&A Zoom session on Friday, May 1st!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 13:04:25 PDT 2020

[image: MY LIFE IS A FRENCH MOVIE]

*[image: French Film News]*

Bonjour to all!

Since we are stuck at home, the Sacramento French Film Festival is coming
to you!
We are pleased to start offering virtual screenings of the newest French
films.

*Beginning this Friday, April 24* *and continuing until Sunday, May 10*,
our first *VIRTUAL CINEMA *offering will be an encore presentation of our
2019 MiniFest selection, Cédric Klapisch's wonderful Parisian romance *SOMEONE,
SOMEWHERE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/Virtualmovie2020_deux-moi.htm>.
*The cost to stream the film is $10. *

The SFFF will get 50% of the net revenue, so watching the film is a great
way to support the Festival while getting to virtually travel to France for
a few hours!

*Read below for more details or just Click HERE
<https://distribfilmsusvirtual.vhx.tv/products/someone-somewhere-sacramento-french-fil-fest>to
rent and watch the film
<https://distribfilmsusvirtual.vhx.tv/products/someone-somewhere-sacramento-french-fil-fest>starting
tomorrow, Friday, April 24 *(the film will look available now but do not
rent it until Friday).

Watch the film whenever it is most convenient for you and let's meet
on *Friday,
May 1st @ 6:30pm for a* *VIRTUAL Q&A APERITIF *on Zoom!
RSVP required to receive the Zoom invitation (see below)

[image: Someone Somewhere]

*1/ SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE *
(Deux Moi, 110 min, 2019) by Cédric Klapisch
PARISIAN ROMANCE Not Rated (all audiences)

You may remember that *SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE *
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/Virtualmovie2020_deux-moi.htm>(DEUX
MOI) was part of our 6th MiniFest last October. You may have missed the
MiniFest due to the horrible wind that raged that day, so we are pleased to
have this chance to offer you another opportunity to watch this uplifting
romantic comedy. Needless to say, it is a unique film that we really love.

After setting recent films in New York City and Burgundy, Cédric Klapisch
reunites with his beloved city of Paris in this singular romance that ends
where romantic comedies usually begin. In the tender and deliberately
optimistic *Someone, Somewhere*, Klapisch follows his two main characters
on their parallel paths to self-discovery, until they are ready to finally
meet. Klapisch creates a moving and funny portrait of two young people who
are both struggling with themselves and with human relationships in today's
Paris. MORE...
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/Virtualmovie2020_deux-moi.htm>

*What is Virtual Cinema? *

Virtual Cinema is a platform put together by independent U.S. distributors,
in partnerships with independent movie theaters & film festivals, to offer
the latest independent and foreign films while theaters remain closed.

*How to watch the film *(starting on Friday, April 24)*?*

   - Click on the *LINK HERE*
   <https://distribfilmsusvirtual.vhx.tv/products/someone-somewhere-sacramento-french-film-fest>
   *.*
   - Click on RENT
   - Create an account & enter your payment information
   - Pay the $10 rental fee (the SFFF will get 50% of the net revenue).
   - You will be able to watch the film for 3 days (72 hours) from the time
   of rental on any computer, laptop, iPad, Chromebook or other mobile devices.
   IMPORTANT! The only way to watch this film on a television set is to
   mirror or cast from one of the above devices to your television.

*COMING UP SOON on VIRTUAL CINEMA with the SFFF* (Date TBA):
*PAPICHA*
<http://www.distribfilmsus.com/our-movies/papicha-available-spring-2020/>
by Mounia Meddour.
Winner of the 2020 César for BEST FIRST FILM & MOST PROMISING ACTRESS (Lyna
Khoudri).

*2/ VIRTUAL Q&A SESSION & APERITIF*
with le Professeur Elstob & the SFFF Team
Friday, May 1st - 6:30pm - on Zoom!

*Please RSVP (via email to littlececile at gmail.com <littlececile at gmail.com>)
by Friday, May 1st at noon so we can send you the Zoom link!*

*HERE IS THE LINK TO WATCH THE FILM (Starting Friday)*
<https://distribfilmsusvirtual.vhx.tv/products/someone-somewhere-sacramento-french-film-fest>

[image: deux Moi]

Stay safe and enjoy!
*Cécile & the SFFF Team*

*FOLLOW US
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076?ref=hl>[image:
facebook]
<https://www.instagram.com/sacramentofrenchfilmfestival/?hl=en>*

*SPREAD THE WORD!*

*19th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL*

*June 19-28, 2020 CREST THEATRE (TO BE CONFIRMED)*

*7th MINIFEST Sunday, October 25 2020 ESQUIRE IMAX THEATRE*

*[image: logo]*

*www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org

  `