[FrenchFilmNews] URGENT! Arts Funding in Sacramento is under threat - Speak up for Sacramento Arts !

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 16:27:00 PDT 2019

[image: season 2019]

[image: French Film News]

* 18th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL June 21-30, 2019 *

*"THE REGION'S PREMIER FILM EVENT" Sacramento Bee*

*SPEAK UP FOR SACRAMENTO ARTS!**[image: MY LIFE IS A FRENCH MOVIE]*

*ARTS FUNDING IN SACRAMENTO IS ON THE LINE! NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOW YOUR
SUPPORT.*

*Dear Sacramento Arts Supporters,*

If you are reading this, you have likely participated in one of our events,
enjoyed our films, had an exchange with one of our French guests, or had a
insightful discussion with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob. We are proud to be
in our 18th year of bringing the best in French films and culture to our
city and region.

But we are in danger... *This is why we are asking you to step up and join
us in advocating for vital public funding that is currently at risk.* *Arts
funding in the proposed 2019/2020 city budget would essentially evaporate*,
with the Sacramento Creative Edge Cultural Plan - central to the City's
promise to keep the arts as a mainstay of economic growth - being denied
funding altogether.

Instead, organizations hoping to secure arts funding would have to turn to
the competitive Measure U process, which would *jeopardize the fiscal
stability of countless arts non-profits, including the Sacramento French
Film Festival.*

*There is still a chance to save arts funding* *and make our voices heard!*

*If you can, please join the Sacramento arts community on Tuesday, April
30, at 1:30 p.m. at City Hall*, where the proposed budget will be reviewed
by the Budget & Audit Committee.

You can also write your Council Member and Mayor Darrell Steinberg, urging
them to support a budget that recognizes the vital role the arts play in
Sacramento's vitality and growth (more details below).

Thank you for your support.
Remember, we couldn't do it without you!

*C**écile & the SFFF Team*

*WHAT YOU CAN DO / ACTION ITEMS!*
Visit the #SaveSacArts
<https://sites.google.com/view/savesacarts/home?authuser=0> Website to find
more info as well as an advocacy letter template
<https://sites.google.com/view/savesacarts/advocacy-template?authuser=0>.

   - Join Sacramento arts organizations at City Hall on April 30 at 1:30
   p.m.
   (Start time for the meeting is 2:00 p.m. but it is recommended you
   arrive early to secure a seat.)
   - Write an email to your Council Member
   - Not sure who your Council Member is? Find out here!
   <https://www.cityofsacramento.org/Mayor-Council/Find-Your-District>
   - Write to Mayor Steinberg
   <https://www.cityofsacramento.org/Mayor-Council/Districts/Mayor/Email-Darrell>

*Thanks to Darcy Totten and Maya Wallace for putting together the
#SaveSacArts Website, and to Liv Moe & Verge Center for the Arts for their
help in writing this message.*

*TOGETHER WE CAN!*

[image: donate][image: DONATE][image: donate][image: DONATE][image:
donate][image:
DONATE]
*DONATE HERE*
<https://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm>

*Like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076?ref=hl>*
*Instagram sacramentofrenchfilmfestival
#sacfrenchfilmfest*

*SPREAD THE WORD!*

*18th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL June 21-30, 2019 CREST THEATRE*

*6th MINIFEST Sunday, October 27, 2019 ESQUIRE IMAX THEATRE*

*www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org

  `