[FrenchFilmNews] This year, the Sacramento French Film Festival is turning 15 and you can helps us making it the best ever!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:30:32 PDT 2016

[image: SFFF Audience]

[image: French Film News]

*15th SFFF JUNE 17-26, 2016 *

*Chers Amis,*

*This June, the Sacramento French Film Festival will celebrate its 15th
anniversary and we need your help to make it the best SFFF ever!*

*If you think the Sacramento French Film Festival’s mission is one to be
supported, please help us continue our good work by donating today
<https://squareup.com/market/sac-french-film-festival/donation>. While our
audience continues to grow, so do the costs of organizing the Festival. Our
tickets sales cover about half of our operating costs and we remain
dependent on support from friends like you to bring the highest-quality
films to Sacramento at an affordable price. Receiving your donation soon
will make it easier for us to plan some exciting surprises for the 15th
anniversary year...*

*Since 2002, the Sacramento French Film Festival has brought the best of
contemporary and classic French cinema to Sacramento, reaching thousands of
people each year. The SFFF has become a beloved cultural landmark and we
are proud to be a part of Sacramento’s vibrant and innovative arts
community. *

*Over time, our organization has expanded and diversified its annual
program offerings beyond the June festival with our Winter Short Film
Screening (its 9th edition was held on March 5, 2016 at the Crest Theatre),
and our Mini Fall French Film Fest (2016 dates & location TBA). *

*We have also strived to present film programs with a broad array of
genres, subjects, and points of view that provoke thought as well as
entertain. With the many challenges facing our society today, we believe
the SFFF’s mission of providing exposure to and understanding of different
cultures is more relevant than ever. Film is a powerful medium in which to
share international perspectives on important issues, as well as underscore
the universality of human life that transcend borders and language. Our
2015 offerings exemplified the range of topics being explored in
contemporary French cinema, including immigration (our 2015 opening comedy,
Samba), racial and cultural issues (Girlhood, Once in a Lifetime), women’s
rights (Mustang), religious fundamentalism (Timbuktu), social and
economical issues (Hippocrates, The Measure of a Man), LGBT issues (The New
Girlfriend), and even philosophical issues (The Kidnapping of Michel
Houellebecq).*

*Every year, we continue to receive wonderful recognition from the media
and the Sacramento community. Last September, the SFFF was once again voted
one of the Top 3 Film Festivals in Sacramento by the readers of the
Sacramento News & Review.*

*You can choose to make a fully tax-deductible donation to our
organization, or receive great benefits. You can either send a check by
mail or donate online via our website. Any gift, in any amount, will be
greatly appreciated.*

*You can find more information about becoming an AMI DU FESTIVAL
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm#INDIVIDUAL> or
a CORPORATE SPONSOR
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/contribute.htm#corporate> on
our website.*

*We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you during the SFFF, 15th
edition! It is going to be a unique experience...*

*MERCI !*

* Cécile Mouette Downs, Executive and Artistic Director Chevalier des Arts
et des Lettres*
[image: faire un don!][image: donate!]
<https://squareup.com/market/sac-french-film-festival/donation>
TOGETHER, WE MAKE IT HAPPEN!
MERCI.

*Like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076?ref=hl>*
*Instagram
#sacfrenchfilmfest*

*[image: MY LIFE IS A FRENCH MOVIE]*

*Support the Festival, spread the word! Merci.*

*15th SFFF, June 17-26 2016 www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org
<http://www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org> *