[FrenchFilmNews] SF band RUE '66 joins SERGE! our 5th GAINSBOURG TRIBUTE PARTY: SATURDAY, APRIL 19 - Beatnik Studios

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:28:26 PDT 2014

[image: Rue '66]

*[image: French Film News] *
* JUNE 20-29, 2014 CREST THEATRE*

*"The region's premier film event" Carla Meyer - Sacramento Bee (February
2013 & 2014)*
   BREAKING NEWS: SF BAND RUE '66
will perform at our 2014 SERGE! PARTY... SERGE! 5th GAINSBOURG TRIBUTE
PARTY
BEATNIK STUDIOS, Downtown Sacramento,
SATURDAY, APRIL 19, 2014 - 8pm

*COME CELEBRATE THE SPIRIT OF GAINSBOURG & "GAINSBARRE"!*

[image: serge gainsbourg]

*FEATURING: DJ CHRISTOPHE & DJ ROGER, LIVE MUSIC with RUE '66, FILM CLIPS,
SERGE ART, LIGHT SHOWCOCKTAILS, DANCING...*

We are very excited that this year, the French San Francisco based band RUE
'66 <https://www.facebook.com/rue66> will pay homage to Gainsbourg with us.
Get ready for a fun-filled night of French pop music!!
Rue '66 creates the feel of mod 1960s Paris. Playing familiar translations
and original French yéyé, Rue '66 blends '60s harmonies, female vocals,
go-go boots, and surf guitar, AND GETS EVERYONE ON THE DANCE FLOOR
*...*

*"A Rue '66 gig is like travelling back in time and going to France,
without having to leave present-day San Francisco" - Tony DuShane, San
Francisco Chronicle.*

*"a throwback to the '60s" - Russell Jelinek, The Bay Bridged *

(And Peter Petty will be there next year with Melody Nelson!...)

*PROGRAM of the EVENING*

*8:00pm: *Doors & Bar open...
* 9:00pm till 1am: *Live concert, DJ's and DANCING!

Verge Center for the Arts being closed for construction work, Serge! is
being hosted this year by *Beatnik Studios in their brand new location (723
S Street - Downtown Sacramento)*

*TICKET INFORMATION*
$10 Admission.

*NO HOST WINE, CHAMPAGNE, LILLET, BEER & PASTIS BAR...*

*MERCI TO: RECORD CLUB <https://www.facebook.com/recordclubsacto>, BAREFOOT
WINE & BUBBLY <http://barefootwine.com/>,  SIMPLY RECIPES
<http://www.simplyrecipes.com/>, NEW GLORY CRAFT BREWERY
<http://newglorybeer.com/home>**, *
*LILLET <http://www.lillet.com/>, PERRIER
<http://www.perrier.com/en/index.html>, & BEATNIK STUDIOS
<http://www.beatnik-studios.com/>*

*SUPPORT YOUR FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL*

Whether you are a sponsor or a passholder, whether you attend every SFFF
screening or just a few, whether you only come to the Festival or to our
other events throughout the year, you received this message because you are
part of our adventure and appreciate what we do.

As we embark for a new season of events, we hope that you will choose to
support the Sacramento French Film Festival.No donation is too small, every
penny helps

*DONATE HERE!
<https://squareup.com/market/sac-french-film-festival/donation>*
Receiving your donation now will make it easier for us
to plan our 2014 events and present the best!

*MERCI !*

*[image: my life is a french movie] Support the Festival, spread the word! *
*Merci. *
*13th SFFF, June 20-29 2014 - Crest Theatre

*PLEASE NOTE*: You received this email because you told us previously that
to tell you about the Festival. Please visit this
page<http://lists.angryhosting.com/mailman/listinfo/frenchfilmnews>if
you wish to leave this mailing list or modify your subscription.
   This email was sent by: *Sacramento French Film Festival*