[FrenchFilmNews] SEE YOU AT THE CREST TONIGHT!

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:22:29 PDT 2013

<http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/email/index.htm>-
HOME<http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org>
*

[image: 2013 poster]
POSTER by KENT LACIN
DRESS by CHRIS TAFOYA

[image: French Film News]
 *JUNE 21-30, 2013
CREST THEATRE*
* *

*"The region's premier film event"
Carla Meyer - Sacramento Bee
(February 2013)*

*TONIGHT's THE NIGHT!*
* *

*LET'S CELEBRATE the SUMMER SOLSTICE, LA FETE DE LA MUSIQUE & the 12th SFFF
with a
TRIBUTE TO BELOVED FRENCH SINGER, CLOCLO*

[image: Cloclo]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013cloclo.htm>

*FRIDAY, JUNE 21 - OPENING NIGHT!*

***6pm-8pm OPENING RECEPTION* - Lobby of the Crest Theatre.

Music by DJs Christophe & Roger.

Open Bar with wine by Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, Beer by Track 7, Water by
Perrier and Pastis Cocktails provided by Simply Recipes. Catering provided
by Aioli Bodega Espanola, Bistro Michel, Café Rolle, Ella Dining Room and
Bar & Selland's Market Cafe, Estelle's Patisserie, Hot Italian, Kru, The
Melting Pot, Morants Old Fashioned Sausage Kitchen, Opa! Opa! & Sun Flour
Baking Co. Bread by Boudin Bakery.

* 8:30pm CLOCLO<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013cloclo.htm>(149
min) 2012, Florent Emilio Siri – ONE SCREENING ONLY!
*
PRECEDED BY MUSICAL SURPRISES!...

*This Musical Biopic will introduce you to one of France’s biggest stars:
Claude François, alias Cloclo, the man who co-wrote and created the song
“Comme d’habitude”, later made famous by Frank Sinatra under the name “My
Way”...*
Q&A with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob follows the screening.

*Reception & Film (Bleu Pass) = $50
Film only = $11 / $10 (for Students & Seniors with ID; and members of the
following organizations: EFSac, Sacramento Jewish Film Festival, Alliance
Française, Club Français with membership card.)*
 <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013starbuck.htm>

*SATURDAY, JUNE 22 & SUNDAY, JUNE 23*
CLICK on the TITLE or PHOTO of the FILMS to GET ACCESS to SYNOPSIS, TRAILER
and REVIEWS.

 <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013adieuberthe.htm>
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013adieuberthe.htm>[image:
Starbuck]
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013starbuck.htm>[image:
Trois Mondes]
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013troismondes>[image:
Adieu berthe]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013adieuberthe.htm>
[image:
Alyah] <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013alyah.htm>
 <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesoupirant.htm>[image:
Les Valseuses]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesvalseuses.htm>
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesoupirant.htm>[image:
Le Soupirant]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesoupirant.htm>
[image:
le Salaire de la
Peur]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesalairedelapeur.htm>

*SATURDAY, JUNE 22*
*11:00am THE SUITOR<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesoupirant.htm>(LE
SOUPIRANT, 84 min) 1963, Pierre Étaix
*
 *A hilarious CLASSIC COMEDY unseen for more than thirty years due to a
legal dispute.
*Q&A with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob follows the
screening.<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesoupirant.htm>
*
*
*1:05pm STARBUCK<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013starbuck.htm>(109
min) 2012, Ken Scott
*
*Hollywood will release later this year a remake of this hilarious French
Canadian comedy, starring Vince Vaughn. We love Vaughn, but we bet he is no
match for Patrick Huard, a star in Quebec!*

*3:35pm THREE WORLDS<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013troismondes>(TROIS
MONDES, 101 min) 2012, Catherine Corsini
*
 *A social thriller about three people whose world should never have
collided. Starring Clothilde Hesme, one of our favorite French actresses,
seen in THE GROCER’S SON at the Crocker in May.
**Q&A with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob follows the screening.    **     *

*5:55pm ADIEU BERTHE<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013adieuberthe.htm>(ADIEU
BERTHE: L’ENTERREMENT DE MÉMÉ, 100 min) 2012, Bruno Podalydès
*
 *A quirky comedy about a middle-aged man, his wife, his mother-in-law, his
mistress, his mistress’s daughter, his mother-in-law, and his forgotten
grand-mother who jsut passed away... One of our favorites this year!*
*Q&A with Le Professeur Kevin Elstob follows the screening.*

*8:15pm WAGES OF
FEAR<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesalairedelapeur.htm>
* (LE SALAIRE DE LA PEUR, 147 min) 1953, Henri-Georges Clouzot
 *Get ready for a perilous trip that will keep you on the edge of your seat
till the very last minute! A classic comedy of adventure and suspense!
*
*11:20pm GOING PLACES<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesvalseuses.htm>(LES
VALSEUSES, 118 min) 1974, Bertrand Blier – DARK EROTIC FARCE
Followed by an early Breakfast*
*A dark erotic farce starring Gérard Depardieu in the shocking role that
made him a star. Discover Patrick Dewaere, one of France’s most promising
actors of the 1970’s who committed suicide at the age of 35.*

*SUNDAY, JUNE 23*
*11:00am THREE WORLDS<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013troismondes>

1:20pm STARBUCK
 <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013starbuck.htm>*
*3:50pm ALIYAH<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013alyah.htm>(ALYAH,
90 min) 2012, Elie Wajeman – ONE SCREENING ONLY!
*
 *A suspenseful thriller about a small-time drug dealer who decides to move
to Israel.*
*
6:00pm THE SUITOR

 <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013lesoupirant.htm>**8:05pm
ADIEU
BERTHE<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2013adieuberthe.htm>
*

*FIND the COMPLETE 2013 SFFF LINEUP
HERE.<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program.htm>
*
Print The 2013 SFFF Schedule
(pdf)<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2013showtimes.pdf>

*PASSES WILL BE FOR SALE AT THE DOOR...
but if you prefer you can order them now.*

   - Passes are available online at
Tickets.com<http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?orgid=1945&event_val=FRNCF>;
   by phone at 1-800-225-2277; or in person at the Crest Box Office.
   - Advance passes will be available for pick-up at Will Call beginning at
   6pm on Friday, June 21 at the Crest Theatre.
   - Passes purchased at The Crest Box Office or at the door do not incur
   any fees.
   - Tickets & Passes prices can be found
here.<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/tickets.htm>

  [image: sfff 2013]

[image: image]

*JOIN THE SFFF ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER!*

[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/sacfrenchfilm>
[image: Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076>

*[image: my life is a french movie]
Support the Festival, spread the word! * *Merci.
**12th SFFF, June 21-30 2013 - Crest Theatre.
www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org**
*

*PLEASE NOTE*: You received this email because you told us previously that
to tell you about the Festival. Please visit this
page<http://lists.angryhosting.com/mailman/listinfo/frenchfilmnews>if
you wish to leave this mailing list or modify your subscription.
   This email was sent by: *Sacramento French Film Festival*