[FrenchFilmNews] TONIGHT! Last chance to see I Am A No Man's Land and Premiere of Rebellion! See you at the Crest.

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:18:44 PDT 2012

<http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/email/index.htm>-
HOME<http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org>
*
[image: poster 2012]
 [image: French Film News]
11th Sacramento French Film Festival
JUNE 15-24, 2012
Crest Theatre   TONIGHT!LAST CHANCE TO DISCOVER THE SURREAL COMEDY & LOVE
STORY,
*I AM A NO MAN'S
LAND<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>
* (5:30pm).
PREMIERE OF MATHIEU KASSOVITZ'S
ACTION PACKED POLITICAL WAR MOVIE,
*REBELLION<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012ordreetlamorale.htm>
* (7:45pm).
 SEE YOU AT THE CREST!

*I AM A NO MAN'S LAND
*

**

[image: no man's
land]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>

*5:30pm - I AM A NO MAN'S LAND
 <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>**SURREAL
COMEDY & LOVE STORY*

A unique an original comedy directed by Thierry Jousse (Ex-Editor in Chief
of *Les Cahiers du Cinema*). I Am a No Man’s Land was shown in its US
Premiere last Sunday at the Crest! It has no US distribution.

Our favorite contemporary French singer and provocateur Philippe Katerine,
presented in his first starring role, in the surreal comedy, *I Am a No
Man’s Land*.* *In this quirky comedy, Philippe (Philippe Katerine), a pop
star on the verge of a nervous breakdown, is cursed by a revengeful groupie
and finds himself unable to leave his childhood village and forced to
reconnect with his forsaken parents (Aurore Clément & Jacky Berroyer). A
chance encounter with an ornithologist studying birds' nocturnal mating
behaviors (Julie Depardieu, Gérard Depardieu's daughter) may help him get
back to reality…

*REBELLION*

[image: l'ordre et la
morale]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012ordreetlamorale.htm>

*7:45pm - REBELLION<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012ordreetlamorale.htm>
*
*WAR/ACTION*

A HAWKISH FRENCH WAR MOVIE!!

*Rebellion* is the first contemporary action/war movie ever presented at
the SFFF; it is also a political and highly controversial drama about
France’s colonialism in the South Pacific, from acclaimed director Mathieu
Kassovitz (director of *Hate* –SFFF 2006, *Crimson Rivers*, *Caf**é** au
Lait*; actor in *Amélie*, *Munich*, *Haywire*).

It is 1988, in the French colony of New Caledonia. 30 policemen are taken
hostage by a group of Kanak freedom fighters. 300 soldiers are sent from
France to re-establish order. Captain Legorjus, chief of the anti-terrorist
squad, attempts to negotiate a peaceful solution, but discovers that when
the stakes are political, order isn't always dictated by morals. A
troubling epic based on the Captain’s memoirs.
*POST SCREENING DISCUSSION WITH KEVIN ELSTOB.*

*TICKET & PASS PRICES*

   - *The two weekend pass (Blanc + Rouge) can be used for admission to the
   Thursday, June 21 midweek screenings. Please present both passes to be
   admitted.
   *
   - *The Midweek screenings are free for Les Amis du Festival.*
   - * For others, single ticket prices apply.*

   - *SINGLE TICKET**: $11 / $10* (for Students, Seniors, EFSac, Alliance
   Française, Club Français, Sacramento Jewish Film Festival).
   - *ROUGE PASS (Second Weekend - includes all films and the closing night
   party): $36
   *Access to All Screenings & Closing Party - Valid June 23-24.
   - *CLOSING NIGHT FILM & PARTY: $16 / $15*

SINGLE TICKETS are sold at the door only. They will be available (there are
over 900 seats in the main auditorium of the Crest Theatre!)
PASSES will be available at the door but if you want to purchase them in
advance you can order them on
Tickets.com<http://www.tickets.com/browse.cgi?pgid=2017277>or at the
Crest Box office.

*JOIN THE SFFF ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER!*

*[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/sacfrenchfilm>*
*[image: Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076>
*

*[image: my life is a french movie]
Support the Festival, spread the word! Merci.
11th SFFF, June 15-24, 2012 - Crest Theatre.
www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org**
*

*PLEASE NOTE*: You received this email because you told us previously that
to tell you about the Festival. Please visit this
page<http://lists.angryhosting.com/mailman/listinfo/frenchfilmnews>if
you wish to leave this mailing list or modify your subscription.
   This email was sent by: *Sacramento French Film Festival*