[FrenchFilmNews] 2012 SFFF POSTER !

Cécile Downs littlececile at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:37:54 PDT 2012

<http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/email/index.htm>-
HOME<http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org>
*
[image: poster 2012]
 *[image: French Film News]
11th Sacramento French Film Festival
JUNE 15-24, 2012
Crest Theatre*    *HERE IS THE 2012 POSTER!*

[image: 2012 poster]
 <http://sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/images/2012SFFFposter-bigger.jpg>(click
on the photo to see it bigger!)*
Poster by Kent Lacin <http://lacin.com/> & Dane Henas
Design<http://www.danehenasdesign.com/>
*
*FIND the COMPLETE 2012 PROGRAM & SHOWTIMES
HERE<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program.htm>
!*
CLICK on the TITLE or PHOTO of the FILMS to GET ACCESS to SYNOPSIS, TRAILER
and REVIEWS.

*ORDER YOUR PASSES NOW!*

   - *By mail* - *Print the Advance Order Form
here<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2012advance-purchase-order-form.pdf>and
send it back to us with a check (before June 10).
   *
   - *Through Tickets.com <http://www.tickets.com/browse.cgi?pgid=2017277>*
   *here* <http://www.tickets.com/browse.cgi?pgid=2017277> or at
   1-800-225-2277.
   - *Passes are also available in person at The Crest Box Office*.
   - Passes purchased by mail or at The Crest Box Office do not incur any
   fees.
   - *Advance passes will be available for pick-up at Will Call beginning
   at 6pm on Friday, June 15 at the Crest Theatre.*

*... 11 GOOD REASONS TO ATTEND THE 11th SACRAMENTO FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL…
AND A FEW MORE (in random order.)*

[image: Les Neiges du
Kilimandjaro]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012lesneiges.htm>
[image:
Hotel du Nord]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012hoteldunord.htm>
[image:
Les Emotifs anonymes]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012emotifs.htm>
[image:
Un balcon sur la
mer]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012unbalcon>

*REASON 1/ THE MOST BELOVED FRENCH FILM OF ALL TIME: Children of
Paradise<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012lesenfantsduparadis.htm>(Les
Enfants du paradis)
*: The film about which French director François Truffaut declared: “I have
made 23 films and I would swap them all for the chance to have made "Les
Enfants du paradis". Also check out our second classic, *Hôtel du Nord*
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012hoteldunord.htm>a
lesser known poetic realist drama by Marcel Carné, but a quintessential
French classic, and find out how it inspired our 2012 collectable t-shirts!

*REASON 2/ TWO LATE NIGHT MOVIES AT 11PM*: This year our ex-midnight movies
will happen an hour earlier, at 11pm, so more of you can enjoy them… and
the breakfasts that follow! *House of
Pleasures<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012apollonide.htm>
* (*L'Apollonide: Souvenirs de la maison close*) is an erotic historical
drama about a turn-of-the 19th Century brothel; *Outside
Satan<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012horssatan.htm>(Hors
Satan)
* is a spiritual and eerie drama by France’s most disturbing filmmaker,
Bruno Dumont.

*REASON 3/ JEAN DUJARDIN*: Sure, we don’t think that *The Artist* was the
best French film of the year, but Oscar Winner Jean Dujardin is truly our
darling heartthrob: handsome, funny and also excellent in more dramatic
roles. We have loved him in the *OSS 117* spy series (SFFF 2008 & 2010).
Now, discover his darker side in *A View of
Love<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012unbalcon>(Un
balcon sur la mer)
*, a romantic thriller set in the 1980’s with flashbacks to the 1960’s War
in Algeria.**

[image: Hollywoo]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012hollywoo.htm>
[image:
Apollonide]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012apollonide.htm>
[image:
Rien a faire]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012rienafaire.htm>
[image:
Je suis un no man's
land]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>

*REASON 4/ FOUR
GUESTS<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/program.htm#guest>
*:

   - *Jean-Louis Milesi*. On Opening Night, César nominated Screenwriter
   Jean-Louis Milesi will present his latest social and poignant drama,
   co-written with director Robert Guédiguian,* The Snows of
Kilimanjaro<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012lesneiges.htm>(Les
Neiges du Kilimandjaro).
   *Set in Marseille, it stars the team of actors from *Marius et
Jeannette*(SFFF 2011) 16 years later.
   - *Mick LaSalle*. The San Francisco Chronicle film critic Mick LaSalle
   will present two French films starring two of his favorite French
   actresses: Valéria Bruni Tedeschi (in *Empty
Days<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012rienafaire.htm>-
Rien a faire
   *) and Isabelle Carré (in the comedy *Romantics
Anonymous<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012emotifs.htm>
   * *- Les Romantiques anonymes*) to coincide with the release of his
   latest book *The Beauty of the Real: What Hollywood can learn from
   Contemporary French Actresses*.
   - *Michaël Barocas*. Filmmaker Michaël Barocas, fresh off the plane from
   Paris, will present his latest short, *Trapped**.*
   - *Raphaël  Hitzke*. Folsom-based, but nevertheless French, filmmaker
   Raphaël  Hitzke will present his award winning short, *Bee*.

*REASON 5/ FIVE FEATURE FILMS DIRECTED BY WOMEN*: Five of the 15 features
presented this year at the SFFF will bring you the world from a woman’s
perspective: *Polisse<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012polisse.htm>
,* *A View of Love<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012unbalcon>,
The Day I saw Your
Heart<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012toutlemondememanque.htm>(Et
soudain tout le monde me manque)
*, a comedy about dysfunctional father-daughter relationships (co-presented
with the Sacramento Jewish Film Festival),* Declaration of
War<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012laguerre.htm>(La
Guerre est declarée)
*, an inventive and dazzling drama about two young parents fighting for the
life of their seriously ill baby,* *and* Empty
Days<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012rienafaire.htm>
*, a social romance from 1999 when unemployment was a big issue in France,
and relevant again today.

*REASON 6/* *SIX FILMS FRESH FROM FRANCE in EXCLUSIVITY*: These films don’t
have U.S. distribution so your only chance to see them is to attend the
SFFF: *The Snows of
Kilimanjaro<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012lesneiges.htm>
*,* A View of Love<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012unbalcon>,
Hollywoo <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012hollywoo.htm>
*,* I Am a No Man’s
Land<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>,
Rebellion<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012ordreetlamorale.htm>
*, and* 38 Witnesses<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie201238temoins>
*.**

[image: L'ordre et la
morale]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012ordreetlamorale.htm>
[image:
et soudain tout le monde me
manque]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012toutlemondememanque.htm>
[image:
la guerre est declaree]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012laguerre.htm>
[image:
Hors satan]<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012horssatan.htm>

*REASON 7/ A HAWKISH FRENCH WAR MOVIE!!*
*Rebellion<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012ordreetlamorale.htm>(L'Ordre
et la morale)
* is the first contemporary action/war movie ever presented at the SFFF; it
is also a political and controversial drama about France’s colonialism in
the South Pacific, from acclaimed director Mathieu Kassovitz (director of *Hate
–SFFF 2006,* *Crimson Rivers*; actor in *Amélie*, *Munic*h, *Haywire*).

*REASON 8/ PHILIPPE KATERINE*: Our favorite contemporary French singer and
provocateur Philippe Katerine, presented in his first starring role, in the
surreal comedy, *I Am a No Man’s
Land<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>(Je
suis un no man's land)
*.

*REASON 9/ 38 WITNESSES* : The film we discovered at COLCOA (LA’s French
film festival) in April, released this Spring in France, Lucas Belvaux’s
best film to date, *38
Witnesses<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie201238temoins>(38
témoins)
*, a beautiful and haunting thriller.

*REASON 10/ COMEDIES!* Current French cinema reflects the hardships faced
by France, Europe and the U.S., and the 11th SFFF may be a little darker
than previous editions, but the program still includes great comedies: *
Hollywoo <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012hollywoo.htm>
*, a hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy about a voice actress going to
Hollywood to meet the American star she dubs, *I Am a No Man’s
Land<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012nomansland.htm>
*, *Romantics Anonymous<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012emotifs.htm>
*, *The Day I saw Your
Heart*<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012toutlemondememanque.htm>…
And even the dramas presented this year have their humorous scenes!

[image: Les enfants du paradis]
<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012lesenfantsduparadis.htm>[image:
38 temoins] <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie201238temoins>[image:
Polisse] <http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012polisse.htm>

*REASON 11/ POLISSE*: Don’t Believe the Hollywood hype! The SFFF will
present the most interesting French film of 2011 -
*Polisse<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012polisse.htm>
*, Maiwenn’s social thriller that follows the daily lives of a team of men
and women from the Child Protection Unit of the Parisian police. The 11th
SFFF will close with
*Polisse<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/movie2012polisse.htm>
* on June 24, be prepared for a unique experience and a real shock!

*And…*
*
**THE RECEPTIONS, THE FOOD, THE WINE, THE MUSIC, LE PASTIS, THE
DISCUSSIONS, THE ARTWORK EXHIBITION, THE SUMPTUOUS ART DECO AUDITORIUM OF
THE CREST THEATRE, PROFESSOR KEVIN ELSTOB, THE BREAKFASTS, THE FUN
ATMOSPHERE, THE CHAMPAGNE, ETC…*

*Print the 2012 Showtimes here
(pdf)<http://www.sacramentofrenchfilmfestival.org/2012showtimes.pdf>
*
TICKET & PASS PRICES *From $11 (Single Ticket) to $90 (Full Pass)*

   - *Single Ticket*: *$11 / $10* (for Students, Seniors, EFSac, Alliance
   Française, Club Français, Sacramento Jewish Film Festival).
   - *Passes**:*
      - *Bleu** Opening Night Pass**: $50*
      Access to Opening Night Reception and Film - Valid June 15 only.

   - *Blanc** First Weekend Pass**: $35
      *Access to All Screenings, *Opening Reception not included* - Valid
      June 15 (film only)-17.

   - *Rouge** Second Weekend Pass**: $36
      *Access to All Screenings & Closing Party - Valid June 23-24.

   - *Passes Combinations:** *

   - *Bleu + Blanc + Rouge** = $90
   *Two-Weekends Full Access to all Screenings (including midweek
   screenings) & Parties - Valid June 15-24.

   - *Bleu + Blanc** = $70
   *First-Weekend Full Access to All Screenings & Opening Reception – Valid
   June 15-17.

   - *Blanc+ Rouge** **= $60
   *Two-Weekend Experience, Access to All Screenings (including midweek
   screenings)  *Opening Reception
   **not included* - Valid June 15 (film only)-24.

   - *Closing Night Film & Reception**: $16 / $15*

   - *Single tickets are sold at the door only. They will be available (the
   main auditorium of the Crest Theatre has over 900 seats).*
   - *PASSES are available at the door but if you want to purchase them in
   advance.*

*JOIN THE SFFF ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER!*

*[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/sacfrenchfilm>*
*[image: Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-French-Film-Festival/54560847076>
*

*[image: my life is a french movie]
Support the Festival, spread the word! Merci.
11th SFFF, June 15-24, 2012 - Crest Theatre.
www.SacramentoFrenchFilmFestival.org**
*

*PLEASE NOTE*: You received this email because you told us previously that
to tell you about the Festival. Please visit this
page<http://lists.angryhosting.com/mailman/listinfo/frenchfilmnews>if
you wish to leave this mailing list or modify your subscription.
   This email was sent by: *Sacramento French Film Festival*